New member looking to get a Mahindra 3616

/ New member looking to get a Mahindra 3616
Well as I was posting the last post I called the dealer in Hernando, where afew members on here have spoke of in other threads, they are $200 more on the tractor and $200 more on the 5' bush hog!

Next question, what are the " remotes" for? I assume it's hydros, but what would use this?

Also I have heard of a stump jumper bush hog, can anyone explain this too

/ New member looking to get a Mahindra 3616 #13  
I liked Foye, they are pretty nice...I just deciced to buy used equipment. they will be there , their Main Offices are in Miss...there are 3 Kubota dealers around us too. Plus JD and new Holland, shop around and drive one the size you need?

I am 90% sure I want to go Mahindra. My uncle owned a local lawn/ pest company, Allstate, and he has had a new holland and now has 2 Mahindras. He said the Mahindras are extremely user friendly and has had no issues!

/ New member looking to get a Mahindra 3616 #15  
By all means go drive one and try one with Hydro-transmission. the remotes are hydralic connections will come in handy later after you become adjusted to operations?

The Abby dealer dosnt have a HST on the lot right now, all are shuttles. Seemed to be easy enough....

/ New member looking to get a Mahindra 3616 #17  
Next question, what are the " remotes" for? I assume it's hydros, but what would use this?

Also I have heard of a stump jumper bush hog, can anyone explain this too

Stump jumper is a pan under the the mower that allows the bush hog to do just that, jump up and over a stump. Otherwise it is possible to get hung up at the spindle on a stump.

As far as the remotes, if you were to get an implement that has a hydraulic on it that moves an item on the implement, that is one example. Another is if you are to do much grading at all it is very nice to have top and tilt hydraulics. These are hydraulics that are built to replace the OEM manual adjustable links on the 3pt hitch. You will find that when grading, constant adjustments are needed to end up with a good job. Most people forgo these adjustments because it is a real pain to constantly make them manually. But when you can make these adjustments with the tip of your hand in a matter of seconds without getting on and off the tractor, it is much more likely that the adjustments get made and therefore a better grading job is accomplished. :cool:

Now I believe that the 16 series tractors are only available with 1 factory remote, :( so either an electric diverter would need to be added or some more remotes would need to be added. When I got my tractor I had the dealer install the single factory remote and then I installed 2 more seperate remotes so that I now have 3. The problem that I have is that I need 4. So sometime I will install an electric diverter onto my OEM valve.

I hope that some of this helps you out. Here are a few pics of my 3215HST.

Attachments

• 3215 TnT 004.jpg
    3215 TnT 004.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 178

Thanks for the info, Now is a stump jumper a add on to a bush hog or a different brand?

whats the difference in the 3616 and 3215

/ New member looking to get a Mahindra 3616 #19  
Thanks for the info, Now is a stump jumper a add on to a bush hog or a different brand?

whats the difference in the 3616 and 3215

I think that the stump jumpers are pretty much std items any more, but it is always best to double check with the supplier-dealer.

A 3215 is an earlier model of the 3616. Mahindra first came out with the 3215 and then after a couple of years changed it to the 3316 and was in all reality the same exact tractor. Then they redesigned the sheet metal-plastic and added a couple of hp. (due to emissions I think) There have been some improvements and the addition of a cabbed version. The 3215 and 3316 did not have a cab available.

These Mitsubishi made tractors have very few problems and have been very reliable over the years.

MtnViewRanch said:
These Mitsubishi made tractors have very few problems and have been very reliable over the years.

That's good to hear, I want something that will be good for atleast 10 years! It will be keep in my shop till I can get my add on built on the side of the shop. It will be a lean to type but fully covered and lights/ electricity.