iMatch vs. TS quick hitch vs. Northern Tools QH vs. Agrisupply QH....etc...HELP!!!

/ iMatch vs. TS quick hitch vs. Northern Tools QH vs. Agrisupply QH....etc...HELP!!! #1  

gregfender

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST
I am looking at putting a quick hitch on my JD 1070 and was hoping for some feedback. The iMatch is gonna be tops in price but guaranteed fit. However, I have seen prices ranging from around $250 for the Tractor Supply version to $109 for the Northern Tools model. Anyone wanna offer a review for me? The Tractor Supply version looks more adjustable than some of the others but does that justify the price?

/ iMatch vs. TS quick hitch vs. Northern Tools QH vs. Agrisupply QH....etc...HELP!!! #2  
Since I have the iMatch QH...well, it works well with Deere implements. The only change I'd like to see is the top hook be made adjustable (in height from the lower hooks).
It's OK and is convenient, but I wish I'd kept my Pat's Easy Change...

/ iMatch vs. TS quick hitch vs. Northern Tools QH vs. Agrisupply QH....etc...HELP!!! #3  
gregfender,
I have two of the IMatch models and really like them. With the fixed hook there is nothing to adjust, so once you make everything fit it stays that way.

I should add there are a lot of threads on this subject of choosing a quick coupler, might wan't to search and read for a few weeks.

/ iMatch vs. TS quick hitch vs. Northern Tools QH vs. Agrisupply QH....etc...HELP!!! #4  
I have the harbour freight version I got it for $69 used a 20% off coupon
Also ordered the top link adapter for like 8 bucks.
For me it fits my bush hog, box blade, but not my old curtis PHD

Works great and cost savings was a big plus

/ iMatch vs. TS quick hitch vs. Northern Tools QH vs. Agrisupply QH....etc...HELP!!! #5  
I've got the Imatch

Of my implements:
JD MX 6 - no modification
King cutter cultivatior - No modification
Landpride BB - Had to relocate top pin, easy mod.
Farm King harrow - Had to relocate top pin, easy mod.
Tuff Line disk - Had to relocate top pin, easy mod.

I figure it took me about an hour per implement to fix them to work with the Imatch. I'd rather spend that hour once and be done with it than have to fool with adjusting the top hook all the time. I fixed all mine so that the existing top pin hole and pin were unalterred so without a quick hitch anyone could hook up to.

/ iMatch vs. TS quick hitch vs. Northern Tools QH vs. Agrisupply QH....etc...HELP!!! #6  
I've got the Imatch

Of my implements:
JD MX 6 - no modification
King cutter cultivatior - No modification
Landpride BB - Had to relocate top pin, easy mod.
Farm King harrow - Had to relocate top pin, easy mod.
Tuff Line disk - Had to relocate top pin, easy mod.

I figure it took me about an hour per implement to fix them to work with the Imatch. I'd rather spend that hour once and be done with it than have to fool with adjusting the top hook all the time. I fixed all mine so that the existing top pin hole and pin were unalterred so without a quick hitch anyone could hook up to.

That is what I did, took a day or less and made all the modifications to all of my equipment except the Frontier boxblade. That was two years ago and have been smiling ever since.:D

/ iMatch vs. TS quick hitch vs. Northern Tools QH vs. Agrisupply QH....etc...HELP!!! #7  
I have a Northern tools one against the side of the house, didn't fit worth a **** and woundup with the John Deere I-match. I really like the JD hitch.

/ iMatch vs. TS quick hitch vs. Northern Tools QH vs. Agrisupply QH....etc...HELP!!! #8  
I have an iMatch and all my implements fit. The adjustable top link is overrated and completely defeats the purpose of a quick hitch. Make the implements fit the hitch once, it so liberating to just back up to implement and snatch it up without getting off the tractor.

/ iMatch vs. TS quick hitch vs. Northern Tools QH vs. Agrisupply QH....etc...HELP!!! #9  
I have the Harbor Freight hitch with the top link adapter. My back blade has a brace that won't allow the use of the hook. I don't mind having to hook just the top link at least I don't have to wrestle with the lower arms anymore plus the price was right.

/ iMatch vs. TS quick hitch vs. Northern Tools QH vs. Agrisupply QH....etc...HELP!!! #10  
I have the TSC one, purchased a few years back when it was $129, and comes with the adapter link 1 set of Cat 1 to Cat 2 bushing and adjustable hook. Don't adjust the hook anymore or use the adapter link. Spent a few hours this year and fixed all the older attachments so the hook fits in same location. Added hydraulic top link, now only time I get off the change attachments is if it has pto shaft.