John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #1  

Martian

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere
It probably won't be until next spring before I get anything but I need some advise.

I've owned Deere tractors all my life and have a great relationship with the dealer, no grudge against Kubota but the local dealer wasn't the best so I've I wouldn't be as interested in a L45 and would prefer the 110 there the M59 is so much more machine and is really nice, but a lot more money. So here's some questions I have:

I've heard that you can add the aux hydraulics after the fact for M59 but I know you can't for the 110 - is this true?

How much size difference is there/HP difference do you feel?

I've never really operated a Kubota, hows it compare to a Deere?

I will be using it mainly in the woods. I'll be in some tight areas and I guess that would be a plus for the Deere but how much "larger" is it?

Can the Kubota be pulled with a 3/4 ton truck as the 110 can?

Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #2  
There isn't much difference in size between the two machines imo, where one will fit the other will too. The Kubota has more fel capacity which is a plus, more hp which helps particularly when climbing a long grade or when using as a tractor with 3ph. Basically the M59 is only slightly larger than the 110 but has alot more power and that makes a difference in transport and field speeds.

For backhoe use the differences would not be as noticable while digging a common trench two feet deep for something like an electrical line. With the 110 I typically dig at about 1600-1800 rpm and seldom over 2000. While loading material with the fel or grading I perform these tasks around 1600 rpm. If you want to climb a hill or run down the road a ways I then speed up the engine for the interim. Realistically when clearing and performing cleanup on small properties most of that work is performed with little need for full power from either machine.

If I were looking for a good used 110 or M59 I would base my selection on price and condition. There both great machines and well suited for landscape cleanup.

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59
jenkinsph said:
There isn't much difference in size between the two machines imo, where one will fit the other will too. The Kubota has more fel capacity which is a plus, more hp which helps particularly when climbing a long grade or when using as a tractor with 3ph. Basically the M59 is only slightly larger than the 110 but has alot more power and that makes a difference in transport and field speeds.

For backhoe use the differences would not be as noticable while digging a common trench two feet deep for something like an electrical line. With the 110 I typically dig at about 1600-1800 rpm and seldom over 2000. While loading material with the fel or grading I perform these tasks around 1600 rpm. If you want to climb a hill or run down the road a ways I then speed up the engine for the interim. Realistically when clearing and performing cleanup on small properties most of that work is performed with little need for full power from either machine.

If I were looking for a good used 110 or M59 I would base my selection on price and condition. There both great machines and well suited for landscape cleanup.

Thats kinda what I was thinking. I usually overkill so that puts me at the M59 but with the 110s being out longer theres a lot more used models for less. Which tells me 110

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59
Does anyone know about havering the extra remotes installed on the Kubota afterward, as in it being OEM but not from the factory and from a dealer? I know this is true on the Deeres and I've wen having more trouble locating one with all hydraulics and was wondering if I could just have a dealer place some more hydraulics on the M59 or it's like the Deere were it has to be factory?

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #6  
I thought the L45 and 110 were more comparable? The M59 is a lot more tractor than either and when I considering the L45, I looked the 110 and just happened to glance at the M59 that was also at the dealer and personally I thought the M59 to be a quite a lot larger.

M59
8344 lbs
Net HP 57, PTO HP 46
Loader breakout force 5961 lbs
Loader Lift capacity 3968 lbs
BH digging force 7602 lbs (bucket)
BH digging force 4731 lbs (dipperstick)

7280 lbs
Net HP 41, PTO 33
Loader breakout force ???? lbs
Loader Lift capacity 2042 lbs
BH digging force 5723 lbs (bucket)
BH digging force ???? lbs (dipperstick)

* Not sure I have all the 110 numbers completely accurate.

L45
7173 lbs
Net HP 42.5, PTO HP 32
Loader breakout force 4530 lbs
Loader Lift capacity 2848 lbs
BH digging force 5825 lbs (bucket)
BH digging force 3779 lbs (dipperstick)

If you're going to be in among trees, wouldn't it make more sense to stay with the 110 from a size perspective? Also as you note, there is a sizeable dollar difference between the 110 and M59.

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #8  
Does anyone know about havering the extra remotes installed on the Kubota afterward, as in it being OEM but not from the factory and from a dealer? I know this is true on the Deeres and I've wen having more trouble locating one with all hydraulics and was wondering if I could just have a dealer place some more hydraulics on the M59 or it's like the Deere were it has to be factory?

When shopping for a used machine it is better to find one with the setup you want rather than having to install a bunch of add ons.

What happened to the 110 that AKfish found on the net with full hydraulics? That machine was loaded IIRC and was asking about $26k. Equipped with a rear blower it would seem to me that it could replace your current 3120 and still provide you with the tlb for your cleanup work.

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #9  
kyle, mark
I should have said the M59 is not alot bigger physically, I agree it has more power. Understand that compared to the full sized backhoes with extendahoe the difference in size between the 110 and M59 is minor.

The OP is looking for a good used unit for his sitework and yes the 110 has been discontinued.

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #10  
kyle, mark
I should have said the M59 is not alot bigger physically, I agree it has more power. Understand that compared to the full sized backhoes with extendahoe the difference in size between the 110 and M59 is minor.

The OP is looking for a good used unit for his sitework and yes the 110 has been discontinued.

Agreed, a full size BH is another size altogether. I agree picking up a used 110 is not a bad idea.