Comparison Age Old Question

/ Age Old Question #1  

hhjpg0

So I have that age old question going on - which tractor is the right one for me? I was looking into Bobcat, Deere and Kubota because that is pretty much what is around here. I have 100 acres of wooded land. Tractor will be used for food plots, brush cutting, general landscape work mainly. Potentially adding a backhoe - maybe some day. The landscape of the land is flat to slightly rolling with only 1 decent sized hill on it.

I was thinking of something in the 35-40 HP range but I'm new to the tractor world and would appreciate anyone's input. Open to new and used but trying to keep it under the $25K mark so that might mean used is the option.
Thanks,

/ Age Old Question #2  
i can only speak from what i know.but a mx4700 or mx5100 4x4 rops w/loader hst or gear would fitt you.an later on if you want it would handle a backhoe.it would also handle a 6ft shredder an 6ft 3pt notill drill.an either 1 should be in your price range.

/ Age Old Question #4  
get the feel of the local dealers ( servicing dealers).. a good dealer is worth more than a few hundred bucks of initial price difference when you need that tractor..e tc.

soundguy

/ Age Old Question #5  
I would add, pay attention to tractor weight. For the tasks you are wanting to tackle you need a tractor in the 4000lb range or higher when equipped with an FEL and loaded rear tires.

/ Age Old Question #6  
Have you considered a cab? Add quite a bit to the purchase price but are really nice - wish I'd gotten one. For 25k you can either get a good new tractor with a couple implements and no cab or a loaded up used one with all the attachments. I personally like Deere tractors. 3x20 series sounds like it would be good for you.

Here is a used w/ cab at Tractor House - Low hours and good condition.
2006 JOHN DEERE 3520 Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com

New is definitely a safe call but can sometimes find a great used.

/ Age Old Question #7  
Just priced a Massey 1648, hydrostatic,4wd, my choice of tires, 48 hp engine 40 pto HP. Came to $23,400 including tax and delivery. A cab is extra and an FEL is $4,500 more. Working in the woods I think I'd want ag tires and no cab.

/ Age Old Question #8  
Just priced a Massey 1648, hydrostatic,4wd, my choice of tires, 48 hp engine 40 pto HP. Came to $23,400 including tax and delivery. A cab is extra and an FEL is $4,500 more. Working in the woods I think I'd want ag tires and no cab.

if your going tobe working in the woods with ag tires you better not run over a shart rock stick or stob.because youll most likely ruin a tire.in the woods you be better off with R4 tires.but its up to you.

/ Age Old Question #9  
if your going tobe working in the woods with ag tires you better not run over a shart rock stick or stob.because youll most likely ruin a tire.in the woods you be better off with R4 tires.but its up to you.
I can attest to that, 11 years in the woods with R-4's and no flats. I went with 10 ply all the way around. It all depends on your usage.

/ Age Old Question #10  
My 2cents, If you know you're going to get a backhoe later, get it now as it will be more expensive later. You can save money by bundling as many attachments as you can in you purchase price.