Buying Advice Do I go NEW offbrand or used name brand?

/ Do I go NEW offbrand or used name brand?
http://m.peabudysinc.com/List/Tractor/ForSale/6614643
Any NH guys have experience with this machine?
Price seems decent, decent hours. Looks like its in good condition. Question is, will I be able to make this tractor in to a smaller jack of all trades? Pulling smaller plows, disc, small square bales, etc.....

/ Do I go NEW offbrand or used name brand? #32  
Illinoisdmax said:
http://m.peabudysinc.com/List/Tractor/ForSale/6614643
Any NH guys have experience with this machine?
Price seems decent, decent hours. Looks like its in good condition. Question is, will I be able to make this tractor in to a smaller jack of all trades? Pulling smaller plows, disc, small square bales, etc.....

Looks to be in good condition to me. Loader is self leveling and that is always nice. Are you not as set on a cab because I know before you really wanted one. I have no experience on one though.

I mean a cab would be great, especially for winter plowin. But I'm young and I reckon I can handle the sun and the snow. It seems from my research on TractorHouse he's a bout a 1-2k overpriced. Nice thing is its only about 15 miles away. I've seen a few mfwd tl90's on TractorHouse with cabs a bit cheaper, but I agree with what everyone has been sayin about a dealer network.

/ Do I go NEW offbrand or used name brand? #34  
I mean a cab would be great, especially for winter plowin. But I'm young and I reckon I can handle the sun and the snow. It seems from my research on TractorHouse he's a bout a 1-2k overpriced. Nice thing is its only about 15 miles away. I've seen a few mfwd tl90's on TractorHouse with cabs a bit cheaper, but I agree with what everyone has been sayin about a dealer network.

You've got plenty of time to get a cab then. That NH seems like it could do what you want - I'm sure he would come down more than $1-2k, he'll have wiggle room. Dealer location is a big thing though, is this being sold at a NH dealer? It seems as though you could still find a better deal. There are some with cabs for less but they are farther distances. I wouldn't worry as much the dealer you buy from but as long as there is a NH dealer in your area.

MartianTractorMan said:
You've got plenty of time to get a cab then. That NH seems like it could do what you want - I'm sure he would come down more than $1-2k, he'll have wiggle room. Dealer location is a big thing though, is this being sold at a NH dealer? It seems as though you could still find a better deal. There are some with cabs for less but they are farther distances. I wouldn't worry as much the dealer you buy from but as long as there is a NH dealer in your area.

Yes he is a NH dealer. The only one on this area that I'm aware of. The thing about getting one in another state just seems like in the long run, I'd spend more money on fuel driving there and back, on top of making a far trip to purchase a tractor I've never seen.

/ Do I go NEW offbrand or used name brand? #36  
Yes he is a NH dealer. The only one on this area that I'm aware of. The thing about getting one in another state just seems like in the long run, I'd spend more money on fuel driving there and back, on top of making a far trip to purchase a tractor I've never seen.

You would have it serviced and such at your local dealer, the big deal is having the dealer there that can provide the service. i.e. I bought my last tractor at the second closest dealer to me because they offered me a lower price but if I have a question or need service I take it to the closer. The one below for $24.5k wouldn't be more than $1.5k to deliver to your door and I'm sure you could get that worked into the deal. I wouldn't be concerned about how far away the tractor is when you buy it but be sure that whatever type of tractor you buy has a local dealer.

/ Do I go NEW offbrand or used name brand? #37  
if i only had one tractor,it would be a john deere.

/ Do I go NEW offbrand or used name brand? #38  
I own a Mahindra tractor and a John Deere lawnmower (a real Deere not a Home Depot special). I can't comment on the size tractor you are looking at but I can comment on parts support. I have often read on TBN about Mahindra being a second or third rate brand with no dealer support. It has been my experience that I get better dealer support and less wait for parts from my Mahindra dealer than the Deere dealer.

/ Do I go NEW offbrand or used name brand? #39  
I agree the two most important questions is what is your budget and are parts and service nearby?

Only off brand (locally at least) that I have owned new was a Zetor and that was one awesome tractor and outside of the US was painted green and sold by John Deere in many countries.

/ Do I go NEW offbrand or used name brand? #40  
You need a tractor that you can depend on. Just when you need it the most is when it will break down new or used. You need a dealer network and replacement parts fast. You can't wait to have parts shipped in from India when you have hay down. IMO don't go off brand. It will come back to bite you in the *****.

I have been selling Mahindra's for 10 years, and I know that you will probably think I am biased, but when it comes to parts availability, Mahindra plays second fiddle to none, their parts service has been exceptional.