Wife's christmas present came

/ Wife's christmas present came #1  

bearcreek paul

Gold Member
Tractor
mitsubishi mt16fd
Yes this is what she wanted.I found a nice jd 185 but she wanted a new craftsman.Women I tried to tell her that the John Deere would still be running long after her new warranty,and and tractor.
What are your opinions.

Attachments

• image-1820029546.jpg
    image-1820029546.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 428
  • image-1036296016.png
    image-1036296016.png
    991.4 KB · Views: 505
   / Wife's christmas present came #2  
But, does it have a cup holder?

/ Wife's christmas present came #3  
An old adage states that it's a "Woman's Prerogative".:D Your Wife will be more inclined to use the mower, if she likes it. Congratulations to the both of you.

/ Wife's christmas present came #4  
Kind of one of those "rock and a hard place" situations; get her what she wants knowing it is the wrong choice. We used John Deere mowers for years including an old 185 or close to that and it would still be running if mother in law hadn't passed away.

We have a 265 that looks rough and has been used HARD, but it was running when we put it away a few years ago; don't remember how old that thing was.

My dad had a Craftsman that lasted fairly well, but who knows who makes them now and his steered like a bear.

/ Wife's christmas present came #5  
Yes this is what she wanted.I found a nice jd 185 but she wanted a new craftsman.Women I tried to tell her that the John Deere would still be running long after her new warranty,and and tractor.
What are your opinions.
I would have bought almost anything but a Craftsman mower

/ Wife's christmas present came #6  
Good Evenin Paul,
Good luck with your new mower !

I would not have bought a Craftsman, since a few of my neighbors have gonethrough at least two Craftsmans' and Im still using my 82 Wheel Horse...

Just the same good luck with it ! :)

/ Wife's christmas present came #7  
The old Sears garden tractor series were made by Roper and ranged from 10 to 18hp and were good tractors with a lot of available attachments. Their lawn tractors were made by Murray, MTD, and others and were not near the quality of the garden tractor line. The top of the line garden tractors either had cast iron Tecumseh engines or twin cylinder Onans. A long way from what they offer now.

/ Wife's christmas present came #8  
The old Sears garden tractor series were made by Roper and ranged from 10 to 18hp and were good tractors with a lot of available attachments. Their lawn tractors were made by Murray, MTD, and others and were not near the quality of the garden tractor line. The top of the line garden tractors either had cast iron Tecumseh engines or twin cylinder Onans. A long way from what they offer now.

My dad's was one of the good ones I suppose, he got it many years ago, over twenty I believe or close when he could no longer use a push mower. His preference was his old self propelled Yazoo.

/ Wife's christmas present came #9  
If my wife had wanted to mow, I'd had gotten her anything she wanted...a goat or even a Craftsman.:laughing:

/ Wife's christmas present came
TripleR said:
My dad's was one of the good ones I suppose, he got it many years ago, over twenty I believe or close when he could no longer use a push mower. His preference was his old self propelled Yazoo.

I tried to explain to the wife they are not like the old craftsman's she is used to.I have better luck trying to explain it to the dog at least he listens to me.Oh well.

Attachments

• image-3873946499.png
    image-3873946499.png
    999.5 KB · Views: 253