Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere)

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #11  
"You Want The Truth? You Can't Handle The Truth" Sorry, couldn't resist:D

:thumbsup:you want me on that wall! you NEED me on that wall!:laughing:

The day I went tractor shopping the Deere dealer did not have anything in stock just then to look at in my size. The Kubota guy did. The local impression is the Deere product is a little higher but resale may be a little higher too. Locally Kioti dealer is a little cheaper than either one for a comparable tractor. ( he was the NewHolland dealer)

James K0UA

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #12  
I am not posting this to be controversial. Really.

Over the holiday I have spoke to several people that are interested in purchasing a CUT. Not some, but all have Kubota in their sights over Deere. The number one reason I am hearing is "Kubota is a lot less money than Deere." And I've heard this debated since owning my '92 770.

From what I have come up with using the website build calculators...they don't give those Kubota's away. Nor do they give away Deere. I think pricing is very close and not cheap.

I seek the truth here, and I know it won't be easy to come to a conclusion. But, can the members that know speak up.?? People that have compared and shopped...and people in the "know"....what have you come up with.??

If I have opened a can of worms please note, that is not my intention.

I think a lot of consumers look right by Deere and don't even consider them. Just my opinion.

A John Deere vineyard tractor is around $9-10k more speced the same as a Kubota vineyard tractor according to both websites build your own calculator. I have not priced one through a dealer though as the website scared me away from considering them new for the time being.

Just ran through the builds again, Deere came in at $58,036. Kubota $47,003 so $11k difference for equal hp, cab, fwa vineyard tractors with base tires and 2 rear remotes.

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #13  
I am a longtime Deere customer, but when it came time for a new compact, I ended up buying a Kubota. I was set to buy a Deere 1026, 2320, or 2520, but stopped by the Kubota dealer just to make sure I was doing my due diligence. Well, the combination of price, build quality, and features made the Kubota a no-brainer. The Kubota dealer earned my business with a solid product at a fair price. I just wasn't seeing the same value in the Deeres this time around. I still wear my Deere hat though!

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #14  
Have you considered a Kioti or a new holland?

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #16  
I run all JD equipment with the exception of a Kubota mini ex in the stable. My JD dealer is very close and very good to me. Pound for pound , dollar for dollar Deere resale is far better in my area. I choose deere because i can afford too. It's been my experience the only reason people choose others over deere is because they don't want to spent the money the Deere products demand. Find a good dealer close to you and build a relationship in business with them, thats my advise , be it Deere or Kubota or whatever they sell and service...

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #17  
"Resale" always seems to be a big plus for some buyers. Yet, in my area, (eastern PA) they are never any on craigs list or dealer's lots. Unlike automobiles, tractor owners rarely sell/trade in CUTs, so putting resale value into the equation is not too important.

Of course, price, service, and quality are the three big things to consider when looking for a small tractor. But each of those will top different buyers lists. If you are handy with tools, then service is not too important, and if you have an unlimited budget, then price is not an issue. As for quality, all of the major brands are good machines, and at the hours per year most of us put on them, they will be barely broken in by the time we climb aboard that Big Tractor in the Sky.:D

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #18  
Definatally could be a can of worms.

As others have said, it is about features:thumbsup: Features and machine size being equal, I think the prices are within a few hundred dollars of one another.

The thing kubota had going for it for a long time was the Lxx00 series. Like the 2800/3400 and the newer 3200/3800.

These tractors are bare bones and a lot of tractor for the money and not so many luxuries. This is exactally what I wanted back in 2006 and why I got a kubota.

But you cannot just look at it blindly like "well this 34HP L3400 is a lot less than a deere 3320". Because that isnt apples to apples. The deere xx20 series compares to the Grand L's, and are priced similar.

I think deere saw this as well, and is why they now offer the new economy series tractors. Like the 3005, 4005, 3032, 3038, 4105, etc. Because I suspect too many people were walking into the deere dealers and NOT buying the 3320, 3520 in lieu of the cheaper (allthough less featured) Lxx00 kubotas.

But if you compare the Bxx20's to the deere 2x20's the prices are close. If you compaire the GrandL's to the 3x20's and 4x20's of similar size, they are also close.

And deere is also out now with the 10-series. probabally a good comparison to the quite popular BX kubotas.

As you go up the scale in size, deere probabally does get more expensive. Large ag tractors is their bread'n'butter and they do it well. By todays standards, even the largest kubota is still small for a large scale farming operation. And since kubota doesnt make any harvesting or tillage equipment, and most farmers perfer to stick to one brand, they have a relatively small market for their 100+HP tarctors. And if they were priced as much as a deere in the 100+HP range, I doubt they would sell many at all.

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #19  
I bought recently. I wanted to replace my 21 hp unit. I have had success with my small tractor hiring it out but needed some more hp. I also wanted to bid on a mowing contract. I solicited the Green, Blue and Orange dealers explaining to each what I was looking for in a tractor/mower combination.

The Green dealer proposed just a mowing tractor that was way bigger and costlier than I wanted or needed. It is end of year so I think he was trying to move iron he had on the lot rather than fit me with a tractor. Just kinda ruled Green out after that. He knows he has competition cause the Orange dealer is less than a block away.

The Orange dealers (2) actually priced a tractor and mower combo that fit my requirements as to size and hp I wanted.

I liked the Blue tractor a lot. It was massive in construction. I think you could use it as a tank. The physical size of the tractor came into play. The dealer had some iron that was about the same size as my 21 hp, the next unit up was a bigger tractor than I thought I needed. Physical size and weight played into my decision because of where I work the tractor and hauling.

One of the Orange dealers connected a mower to the tractor and called me to come haul it away for a demo. 80 miles one way overnight on my signature only. This is the dealer I went with. He priced a B3200 below another dealer's B3300.

So there it is. A convoluted mix of price, dealership, tractor size, bells and whistles. The demo went a long way on selling me on tractor/mower combination. If the B3300 had been priced lower than the B3200 I might have swung that way. B3300's normally do come in under B3200's. I think the dealer I went with was wanting to move some iron.

I am enjoying the B3200. Don't have the mowing contract yet, but working on it. Have completed two projects (a large and a small) since taking delivery. My first payment is not due until next year.

For sale: 5 year old B7510 with 712 hours, FEL. Still runs great, no issues.

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #20  
As has been stated already, in my area there is not enough price difference to make much difference. I recently priced three tractors in the 50 HP range. JD 5055e, Kubota M5040, Mahindra 5035(I think). I think these are comparable models. There was about $1200 difference from highest to lowest.