Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere)

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #1  

JDGreenGrass

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 770
I am not posting this to be controversial. Really.

Over the holiday I have spoke to several people that are interested in purchasing a CUT. Not some, but all have Kubota in their sights over Deere. The number one reason I am hearing is "Kubota is a lot less money than Deere." And I've heard this debated since owning my '92 770.

From what I have come up with using the website build calculators...they don't give those Kubota's away. Nor do they give away Deere. I think pricing is very close and not cheap.

I seek the truth here, and I know it won't be easy to come to a conclusion. But, can the members that know speak up.?? People that have compared and shopped...and people in the "know"....what have you come up with.??

If I have opened a can of worms please note, that is not my intention.

I think a lot of consumers look right by Deere and don't even consider them. Just my opinion.

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #2  
If you wan't the truth, I suggest you shop and compare yourself. Compare the bottom line numbers you recieve from both brands. BTDT, so I made my own decision as to what to buy. I did not find there to be enough difference in price to mention.

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #3  
Only my experience. Back in June, I bought my new Kubota L4400. I had looked and researched tractors for nearly a year before buying. I went to MF,JD and Kubota dealerships. My neighbor, Harvey, has always owned JD tractors and equipment. He took me to his JD dealer and I really like their tractors. But the JD prices were much higher than the Kubota model that I finally bought. These prices were for comparable tractors. The JD implements were more costly also. I was going to buy a JD Quich Hitch after I bought my L4400, but the dealer did not even offer a relatively priced unit in comparison to other makes. I would have probably went with John Deere if the price had been somewhat jn the same price range that fitted my budget.:tractor:

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #4  
Yup. Compare features that you want as close as you can. Things like engine HP, PTO HP, lift capacity for loader (if you elect to buy one), lift capacity for 3PH, remotes, etc.
My first tractor was a JD 790. Loved it and it did everything I needed it to do. However, I later wanted a factory type cab and none could be had for it. I was not impressed with aftermarket models for the money.
Therefore I traded for a Kubota B3030. Smallest Kubota with factory cab when I bought it. The smallest JD (forget which model) with factory cab was considerably more money. Someone got a super nice, under 100 hour tractor when they bought my Deere off the lot.
But you have to compare features, feel out dealers and do what you feel comfortable with. For most of us a tractor is an item that will be with us for many years to come. Get what suits you best.

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #5  
It all depends on the dealer.
when I was looking for my tractor I shopped The local Deere and Kubota dealers. I priced a B2320 Gear drive and it was only about a grand less than the 2320 Deere I bought. for that grand I got a hydro that the wife could drive in a tractor that by the stats is stronger/ heavier in every way. the only thing that the B had going for it was the 3 range trans. the Kubota dealer didn't really seem like he wanted to move any iron but the Deer dealer did!

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #6  
it's a can of worms
advice so far is good
suggest you look thru 100 threads current on each of the JD and KUBOTA forums...this will give you a sense of buyer/user satisfaction

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #7  
After negotiating, there isn't much difference between orange and green prices where I live. My experience with the Deere 3000, 4000 and 5000 series is that the Deere dealers will discount quite a bit (15 -18%) whereas the Kubota dealers won't move much from list for equivalent tractors. Ten or more years ago the Deere dealers wouldn't move much from list. Nowadays, there is fierce competition between tractor dealers where I live.

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #8  
Personally I see the biggest difference in dealer network. I have 5 JD dealers within 50 miles of me, all except one owned by the same company that went on a buying spree and owns 9 dealers in my area, and I only have one Kubota dealer that is just over 50 miles. For me that is a huge plus for JD.

I also like that JD is an American company - yes I understand that both JD and Kubota build parts and tractors elsewhere but it's an American company - I like that. That wouldn't prevent me from buying Kubota though.

The rest is you say tomato I say tomato (that's really hard to do through text but you know what I mean) Both companies/tractors have their advantages/disadvantages and that all comes down to personal preference. There is no clear JD or Kubota is better. I would say Kioti makes nearly as good of a tractor and is less than both. It's all relative though and there is reasons to purchase each.

To say that one tractor is head over heals in front of another tractor is not possible to say (unless a company has a monopoly against the other company - like Kubota with the M59 vs JD not having to fill that category but JD having the 9000 series 460HP to 560HP that no Kubota touches). To say that all Kubota's are better than Deere or all Deere are better than Kubota is stubborn. One person may like a more than b but that doesn't make them better as someone else thinks b is better than a.

I buy JD because of the large array of dealers and personal preference. I know I would be just as happy with a Kubota tractor in terms of performance but I like a Deere better. Someone else will say the opposite and that is fine as well.

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #9  
"You Want The Truth? You Can't Handle The Truth" Sorry, couldn't resist:D

/ Recent Conversations (Bota vs. Deere) #10  
I think the price difference depends on the size of tractor. The smaller 25 ish HP they are close, higher Hp kubota will cost you slightly less. Look at resale I think Deere beats everything else hands down. But If your going to keep it in the long run,find the one you like best. Ford guys won't look at chevs and visa versa. I have both a ford and a chev.