Buying Advice kubota vs. nortrac

/ kubota vs. nortrac #11  
I'd buy what has the best dealer support in your area, and since Nortrac has none, it would be off the list. You pay more for other brands but you pay for quality and support. I have owned Deere all my life because they make quality tractors and the dealer network/support is unparalleled in my area.

/ kubota vs. nortrac #12  
Didn't I read in the NTE catlog that their tractors are Foton now..??

/ kubota vs. nortrac #13  
I have owned two fotons a 704 and 404. I sold the 704 and bought a bigger tractor and still have the 404.
I paid 15000 for the 704 new ans sold for 12600. Paid 7000 for the 404 new.
Parts are best bought on line from Affordable tractor of Bellville TX, there are other sources. Some of the early jinmas had crossover parts from some small green tractors. But who wants to pay a green price. Oil filters are cheapest if you convert to a standard 3/4 thread on the spin on. Oil filter and fuel filter are availabel at Autozone but you cant look em up.
I use the 404 occasionally it works well has 800 hours on it and has a few leaks and shorts about equal to anything else.
The foton is not a high value tractor.
Dont pay more than 1/3 of the cost of whatever is popular in your area.
I use Bigger Zetors for farm work.
Orange blue and green are it here a 2 year old small china tractor in good shape is worth 1500 to 2500 at an auction.
Most people blind auction problem tractors.
If you can haul it look around on craigslist for a used low hour foton in the 2000 to 4000 (even if they ask more) range then add a loader most suitable loaders (koyker 110 or 150 or bushhog2246) are 2500 or less

/ kubota vs. nortrac #14  
id stay away from the nortrac for the reasons stated.ive always felt sorry for the people that would take a chance on them.buy the kub an be done with it.

/ kubota vs. nortrac #16  
I just looked at the latest catalog from Northern Tools + Equipment that was on my desk, and all the models were Nortrac.

You better look again.:confused:The 25xt is a Futon. I'm looking at thier site now.

/ kubota vs. nortrac #17  
I just looked at the latest catalog from Northern Tools + Equipment that was on my desk, and all the models were Nortrac.

I think he meant Northern Tool markets Foton under the Nortrac badge. IIRC, Northern Tool has had multiple suppliers (for the Nortrac brand) over the last several years. And that is part of the problem...

/ kubota vs. nortrac #18  
You better look again.:confused:The 25xt is a Futon. I'm looking at thier site now.
I have the 2011 Winter Master catalog in my hands right now. All three of the 25XT models are listed as being made ny Nortrac. The basic model, the model with FEL, and the model with FEL and backhoe. Perhaps their online offers are different from the catalog. But this is the recent and current 2011 Winter Master catalog from Northern Tools + Equipment.

/ kubota vs. nortrac #19  
I have the 2011 Winter Master catalog in my hands right now. All three of the 25XT models are listed as being made ny Nortrac. The basic model, the model with FEL, and the model with FEL and backhoe. Perhaps their online offers are different from the catalog. But this is the recent and current 2011 Winter Master catalog from Northern Tools = Equipment.

YES, Nortrac is the brand...but they are built for NT (Nortrac - AKA: Northern Tractors) by Foton and previously built by others. NT does NOT build tractors.

/ kubota vs. nortrac #20  
YES, Nortrac is the brand...but they are built for NT (Nortrac - AKA: Northern Tractors) by Foton and previously built by others. NT does NOT build tractors.

Yes, the same way Daedong does for Kioti and Bobcat:thumbsup:

(Except Kioti and Bobcat are good machines and Nortrac isn't)