Which is the better deal??

/ Which is the better deal?? #1  

JeepOne

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HST & Kubota ZD326
First I want to say thanx to all the TBN contributors. This is without a doubt the most knowledgable tractor site I have found anywhere.

I have been drooling at the mouth for my first tractor for several years now and I have finally arrived at the decision point. Based on the above paragraph I solicit your opinions.

I have narrowed it down to 2 tractors, the Kubota B7500 and the Kioti CK20. Both dealers were very knowledgable and straightforward. The shops were clean and efficient and seem to be very proud of their operations.

I plan to use the tractor for maintaining a 400' gravel driveway (spreading gravel and snow removal), bush hogging about 8 acres of hilly terrain, and throwing my %&#@ wheel barrel away. Oh that feels good saying that.....

The following deals were presented to me and reflect their respective bottom lines.

Kubota B7500 HST with 48" FEL and R4 tires - $12,250 delivered (3yr warranty)

Kioti CK20 HST with 54" FEL, and loaded R4 tires - $11,000 delivered. (3yr warranty) Note: I could buy all the implements (Landpride and Rhino) I want at purchase time for dealer cost or slightly above. Also, 50hr service done at my place for $40 plus parts cost.

I am tempted to go for the Kioti but there is none to be found outside of the farm shows. I need more than pictures to make this lifetime decision. However, I can wait for another three weeks (expected delivery) for my final decision. By the way, the B7500 can be delivered in 2 days.

Are the above prices in line with what is considered good deals? Does Kioti have a credible history with HST's? I don't want to screw this up since I plan to take this tractor to my grave /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="brown"> </font>

Again, I want to say thanx for all your help and guidance!!

Ken

/ Which is the better deal?? #2  
Im don't know much about the Kioti CK20 but the Kubota should do the job. As for advice, I will tell you what others have said, which one fits you the best. Also check your dealers, have they been around a while, do they have a good rep with customers!

Good Luck

KC

/ Which is the better deal??
Thanx KC. I know they'll both work for me based on the specs. The dealers have been around for years and proud of their operations.

Ken

/ Which is the better deal?? #4  
Ken,

I have heard good things about Kioti and I have heard good things about Kubota. But I do agree with you on not being able to put your hands on something. I am actually afraid to order a car, I want to see it before I buy it. If your local dealer doesn't stock any of the Kioti's I would be afraid that next week he just may drop the line for something else. So in this case even though I recomend New Holland /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I would go for the Kubota.

Just a couple of my pennies.

murph

/ Which is the better deal??
Murph, thanx for the pennies. They're worth alot to me.

Ken

/ Which is the better deal?? #6  
Just another few days until dealers will be getting saleable CK20's. Hang in there and your patience will be rewarded. Even if you go with the Kubota you'll be glad for the homework you've done in terms of peace of mind.

/ Which is the better deal?? #7  
It looks like the Kioti is a better price, which has the better finances?

Another point could be, (not to knock Kioti (I don't know much about them)), isn't this a new model, let them get the bugs out worked out of this new model first. Just my .02 worth!

KC

/ Which is the better deal?? #8  
Hello JeepOne, concernig the price for the Bota B7500, my cousin recently purchased one w/FEL for $13k. AS for the Kioti, I think they are just getting going and could very well be the next real challenger to the big guys. I might have gone with one had they been available in a larger size with HST. The CK20 looks destined to be a winner for Kioti but, Kubota still has a great track record. I started out looking at those tractors before I came to the conclusion that 'bigger is better' for me but, I was pretty sure I wanted the Kioti.

I think you will be happy with either choice - keep diggin' and best of luck. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Which is the better deal?? #9  
That's a great price for the Kioti CK20 hydrostat with a 54" FEL
and loaded R4 tires from what I've seen. I would run to that dealer and place my order "subject to final inspection" when the unit arrives. The 15" higher lift on the Kioti loader would make a big difference in piling up snow that a lot of areas experienced this past winter.

Both Kioti and Kubota have 0% financing for 3 years currently.

/ Which is the better deal?? #10  
I agree with KC on the bugs issue. I just got a BX2200. Spent 4 years deciding. No real serious competition at first but then the MF GC2300 and the Deere 2210 both came out last year.
Both hard as hens teeth to find except at the ag shows.
I decided on the BX2000 as a proven design. Both the Deere and MF were new models. I figure I did not want to be an unauthorized "factory tester" on either. I never buy "new model" automobiles for the same reason and I only keep them for 4 years not the 10 or 20 I hope to have the BX.

Phil