Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Die Hard Ford 8N fan seeks a worthy replacemen

Woodbeef, thanks for the tip... Only concern there is the closest dealer is over an hour away (60 mi... Oneonta). Have looked at the Mahindra some... need to limit myself to a few... think I'm ruling out JD (just need to take one last look at the 990).... Now, I'm pretty much just looking at NH and Kioti... ... . we'll see where that gets me... Thanks again,

EagleEye:

<font color="blue">Still looking for some opinions on those quick link attachments that are being offered (they any good?). </font>

If you are referring to extendable lower links, absolutely. They save me one on/off round trip everytime I hook-up/switch implements and reduce, if not eliminate, man-handling the implement. If you are referring to loader quick detach (switching buckets/pallet forks etc), absolutely. You pull two levers and curl the loader linkage. Takes less than a minute to switch - far easier than knocking out pins. If you plan on changing implements/buckets these are definitely worth the money. In my opinion, a lot of stuff on new machines are marketing gimmicks that don't really "improve" on the older tractors (such as the 8N, my old Farmall, etc.) but these are real, functional improvements. But, again, only if you change implements/loader attachments with any regularity. JEH

Gold Member
    Tractor
    access to our whole Kubota fleet

EagleEye
    In the kubota line, the modern version of the old 8N would be the basic line of L2600, L3000 and L4300 tractors. Non synchronized transmissions, power steering (execpt on the L2600F), 3 cylinder diesels, Cat I 3 pt hitches and choices of trans driven, dual clutch or hydraulic independent PTO's.
    Lewis

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 284

EagleEye, I have no direct experience with Goodrich, but have heard the stories. Enough that I haven't purchased anything from their auction house in Newark Valley.

The price range and class of equipment you are looking at, is way above my Jinma. Many old Ford fans have found that the Jinma is a nice match for them. If you are interested in seeing my Jinma, pop me a priviate note, and we'll see what we can work out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123