New Tractor!!!

/ New Tractor!!! #11  
Well, I was saving money for the right deal later in the year but it fell into my lap a bit early so I jumped on it. A friend owns a Cub Yanmar dealership in MI, and he bought out 13 tractors from a dealer in Ohio....so we worked out a deal for me hauling them up to him. (thread in transportation)
Since Yanmar discounted these tractors pretty good to move them to a new home, I was offered the price I was looking to spend, plus I made a few $$$ making 3 trips. Some more folks will be getting some good deals on new Yanmars!
sooo...tractor details.....LX490 - 49HP with 12 speed shuttle shift, and power reverser. Got dual rear remotes and front aux valve coming. Only have 2 hours on it, so no operational feedback yet. I was a bit hesitant cause I own 2 other Hydro tractors, and love the hydro.....so when I tried the power reverser I really liked it! Might take some getting used to, but seems pretty capable for loader work and other fore/back operations. And the shuttle will be nice for field mowing. I can't believe the size of this thing; much bigger than my 32HP machine. Built like a tank, and all kinds of ground clearance. An effort to get up on the right side of the tractor, no step there...?? Am I really supposed to climb on from only 1 side?? Got a step on backorder. :cool:
Been doing some reading on ballast, (TBN threads of course) and will load the rears with Rimguard, and look for a heavy box blade, as the loader lift capacity is 2500 lbs.
Already got the grapple, got loads of brush and logs to move when it warms up and dries out!

Congrats, good looking machine.

/ New Tractor!!! #12  
Really nice! Yanmar makes a great tractor. You'll get used to the gear real fast. Not quite as precise, but you'll get the hang of it.

IIRC, Yanmar's going to start selling under their own name in the U.S. again (full lineup), is your buddy going to be taking them on? If so I'd love too know where he's located to go take a look at them:thumbsup:

/ New Tractor!!! #13  
Nice machine! I really loved my Lx450, but I needed a bigger machine... So sadly, I had to part with it.

/ New Tractor!!! #14  
Nice looking tractor and glad you got a good deal. Having a friend in the business is a real plus for service too.

/ New Tractor!!!
Pretty nice looking SHOW rig, can't really call it a tractor till the tires get dirty.
Nice bright yellow too, you can't hide that out in a pasture.
Happy tractoring
david:thumbsup:

Hey, if you look close you'll see a bit of dirt on the tires.....:laughing::laughing:
but just driving around the side of the house I tore up my yard with the heavy beast! :mad:

/ New Tractor!!!
Really nice! Yanmar makes a great tractor. You'll get used to the gear real fast. Not quite as precise, but you'll get the hang of it.

IIRC, Yanmar's going to start selling under their own name in the U.S. again (full lineup), is your buddy going to be taking them on? If so I'd love too know where he's located to go take a look at them:thumbsup:

Yes, he signed up with Yanmar and I understand is one of the most successful dealers in the central/lakes region. I don't think he has any pure Yanmars in yet, but he's got a lot of Cub Yanmars now, and some unbeatable deals to boot.

The picture is all the machines I added to his inventory....(minus what I kept:D)

Gene's power equipment in Coleman, MI. Used to be a IH dealer. Father and son business, 2 great guys. His dad has an unbelievable IH pickup. Greg is the guy to talk to.

Frank

Attachments

• 1128.jpg
    1128.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 314
   / New Tractor!!! #17  
scoutcub said:
Yes, he signed up with Yanmar and I understand is one of the most successful dealers in the central/lakes region. I don't think he has any pure Yanmars in yet, but he's got a lot of Cub Yanmars now, and some unbeatable deals to boot.

The picture is all the machines I added to his inventory....(minus what I kept:D)

Gene's power equipment in Coleman, MI. Used to be a IH dealer. Father and son business, 2 great guys. His dad has an unbelievable IH pickup. Greg is the guy to talk to.

Frank

Thanks,

He is quite a ways from where I'm at but the only one in the area that's taking in Yanmar I know of so when he gets some in or I'm in the area I'll have to stop in and take a look! I like the look of all the Yanmar's that are coming and will definitely be in the running for the next tractor:thumbsup:

/ New Tractor!!! #18  
Nice setup! Looks kinda like my NH TC45da. I just bought a stump bucket for it, it works great on small trees which I have everywhere around my lake, just dont try and use it like a backhoe! I made 2 different weight ballast setups for the rear, make sure you have enough when using your loader! Good luck with your new rig!

/ New Tractor!!! #19  
Congrat's !!! Yanmar makes a Great tractor. The LX-Series has been Flawless !!

/ New Tractor!!! #20  
Hi Glenn here, I need to step up from my Kabota 3400 hst, your yanmar with hst is high on my list. I already have a quick attach grapple and a post pounder, and my 3400 seems a bit lite. Please let me know what you think after you have used it for a while. Thanks from Glenn.glennnaylor69@gmail.com