New Tractor!!!

/ New Tractor!!! #1  

scoutcub

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//Komatsu D38//Cub Volunteer//Cub SZ60/CAT 289C/CAT 308
Well, I was saving money for the right deal later in the year but it fell into my lap a bit early so I jumped on it. A friend owns a Cub Yanmar dealership in MI, and he bought out 13 tractors from a dealer in Ohio....so we worked out a deal for me hauling them up to him. (thread in transportation)
Since Yanmar discounted these tractors pretty good to move them to a new home, I was offered the price I was looking to spend, plus I made a few $$$ making 3 trips. Some more folks will be getting some good deals on new Yanmars!
sooo...tractor details.....LX490 - 49HP with 12 speed shuttle shift, and power reverser. Got dual rear remotes and front aux valve coming. Only have 2 hours on it, so no operational feedback yet. I was a bit hesitant cause I own 2 other Hydro tractors, and love the hydro.....so when I tried the power reverser I really liked it! Might take some getting used to, but seems pretty capable for loader work and other fore/back operations. And the shuttle will be nice for field mowing. I can't believe the size of this thing; much bigger than my 32HP machine. Built like a tank, and all kinds of ground clearance. An effort to get up on the right side of the tractor, no step there...?? Am I really supposed to climb on from only 1 side?? Got a step on backorder. :cool:
Been doing some reading on ballast, (TBN threads of course) and will load the rears with Rimguard, and look for a heavy box blade, as the loader lift capacity is 2500 lbs.
Already got the grapple, got loads of brush and logs to move when it warms up and dries out!

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,170
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,121
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 960
   / New Tractor!!! #2  
Pretty nice looking SHOW rig, can't really call it a tractor till the tires get dirty.
Nice bright yellow too, you can't hide that out in a pasture.
Happy tractoring
david:thumbsup:

/ New Tractor!!! #4  
Freakin' sweet. I would love to see its size in comparison to your other tractor(s). It looks big but it's hard to tell with no reference. Nice tractor!

/ New Tractor!!! #5  
Nice looking rig! I like the lights on the side near the front, stylish and probably add a lot to operating at night. :thumbsup:

/ New Tractor!!! #6  
Congratulations on your new tractor; had to look up the specs;very nice features.:thumbsup:

/ New Tractor!!! #7  
Awesome!!! That's a sweet tractor. Now go get some dirt on that thang.

/ New Tractor!!! #9  
Nice rig!:thumbsup:

I had forgotten that those bumblebees came that big!:laughing: Having seen your photos, I think I do remember seeing one that size at the Fryeburg Fair a year or two ago.

/ New Tractor!!! #10  
Too steal a line from another thread: "favorite sayings" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !!:cool: