Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota's, John Deere's

Default Re: What\'s the best time of year to buy a new tractor?

The BEST time is buy it BEFORE you really NEED it.

Otherwise you risk the chance of spending money in getting others to do your projects.

-Mike Z. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

50 deg. is cold? oh my! i live in the wrong part of the country. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] cold and hot is realaitve. up here 60 deg in march is BEAUTIFUL, 60 DEG IN JULY IS COLD, same temp but feels different.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The BEST time is buy it BEFORE you really NEED it.
    -Mike Z. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )</font>

But be aware that the warranty clock starts ticking when you purchase an item not when you start to really need it.

Tractor
    KUBOTA BX-22

NOW 0% financing and all summer to play, Who could ask for more? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The best time is when you feel your financial situation can afford it. no sense in digging yourself into a hole the tractor cannot get you out of.

Tractor
    JD 2520

I guess I'll just summarize with my opinion which is two fold:

It seems this spring, the financing deals are fantastic with 0% and 2-3% terms. But, this tends to lead to a higher price sometimes as the demand is up. If you can haggle for an excellent price along with this kind of financing, that's fantastic.

On the other hand, if you can buy with cash, the fall might be better. As it's been said above, dealers would like to clean out their inventory in the late fall, but you usually won't find any financing deals then.

Just a couple scenarios. When it feels right - pull the trigger!

Default Re: What\'s the best time of year to buy a new trac

Chris, where are you?

Default Re: What\'s the best time of year to buy a new trac

Hey everyone, THANKS for the advice.... I appreciate it!

EagleEye: Depends on local conditions. If your dealer is in a farm area, planting season is probably not very good. They are rushed with farmers buying/servicing - and they're going to get priority. On the other hand, if you are dealing in a suburban situation it would be different.

Also, depends partly on your state tax rules. Here in Missouri (and in other states as well) the government runs a shake-down racket called personal property tax (in addition to sales taxes). Anything you own on Jan 1 you have to report in March and pay taxes during that year for permission to own it. I bought my tractor Jan 3 so I have no obligation to report it until NEXT year. Saved me getting ripped off 100s of dollars, and, it will be a year old then so the ongoing extortion will start from a lower base.

Finally, someone mentioned <font color="blue"> before you need it </font> - very true. You will get the best price when you are not in a position when you HAVE to buy it. You are apt to get the worst price when you need it this week-end for a crucial project, can't find something to rent, and absolutely must buy something. That's the worst time to buy! Ever heard the old cliche, it's easier to borrow money when you don't need it?

JEH

If you like to auction shop for used tractors, I found the best time to buy at auction is in the fall. The spring auctions everything will sell much higher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12