What's the best time of year to buy a new tractor?

/ What's the best time of year to buy a new tractor? #1  

Anonymous Poster

What\'s the best time of year to buy a new tractor?

Is it now? If not, when? Jan/Feb after Xmas? When is the best time to get the best deal?

/ What's the best time of year to buy a new tractor? #2  
Re: What\'s the best time of year to buy a new tractor?

not sure if there is any such thing AS BEST TIME TO BUY. guess u just have to go make the best deal at the time you want it. MHO.

/ What's the best time of year to buy a new tractor? #3  

I don't think the timing is that important. Tractors aren't like cars. They are worth what they are worth - which means that they either do the job well or not. They hold their value extremely well and so they don't seem to be susceptable to the fluxuations of, say, the car market.

But what you can get is good finance deals. Right now the rates are really low and you can get one on a payment plan for nearly no interest at all /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif...

/ What's the best time of year to buy a new tractor? #4  

I think it sometimes depends on whether you are going new or used as well. IMHO the new machine sellers have a longer view of their inventory than the used or private sellers who may feel a tad more motivated to "move" a piece of quipment rather than have it sit around for the winter - I guess that only applies in the areas that actually have winter /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I bought a 1962 MF FE 35 in the middle of a snow storm last December and I think I did quite a bit better than I would expect to if I bought it this month.

For what it is worth.
Bob

/ What's the best time of year to buy a new tractor? #5  

<font color="blue"> I guess that only applies in the areas that actually have winter </font>

We have winter here /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. It gets down into the low 50s all the time and every now and then we hit 40s and even 30s (but only for a short time) /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Good point, and something to bear in mind. Hadn't thought of that... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ What's the best time of year to buy a new tractor?

You call that winter! It sure would be nice to have that type of winter in Mi. I am sure the winter sports fans and snowmobilers won't agree with me, but I have seen enough cold this year.

/ What's the best time of year to buy a new tractor?

I like to buy when they offer 0% interest !!! Many of the companys are offering the deal this spring, I went orange due to past experience with the product.

/ What's the best time of year to buy a new tractor? #8  
Re: What\'s the best time of year to buy a new trac

Sometimes you can find very good deals in late fall/early winter, as dealers clear out the old inventory. In cold areas, less people are buying at this time, too.

/ What's the best time of year to buy a new tractor? #9  

Best time to buy a tractor is ANYTIME of the year when you can strike a good deal with the dealer. This is especially so in times like these when tractor sales are slow and dealers need to move product off their lots. Certainly, incentives help, but if a dealer needs to move product and they're willing to accept a slight profit over dealer cost then one can get a good deal most anytime.

...Bob

/ What's the best time of year to buy a new tractor? #10  

I think you are getting good advice here. From what I 've seen, prices are pretty steady.. but have noticed sometimes at winter, when the pickins' are slimmer... deals happen a bit more. Also, if a unit has been sitting all year, it may have preferential treatment to move it.

It is easier to find seasonal deals on lawn equipment.. I bought my Murry lawnmower a hundred bucks cheaper than they were in the summer by waiting till the winter, when they were about to move them of fthe lot... Same with a sears drag mower I bought... I bought it in the dead of winter ( florida winter.. not so 'dead' ).. was last one they had in their lockup yard... was a last years model, still strapped to the pallet.. which was starting to fall apart.. was an 899 mower i bought for 5something... plus I bought the 3year extended warranty which was a good deal, as it was based on the reduced purchase price.. not the original price.... all in all, my credit card ticket was right under 600... tax and all.

Normally I don't do warranties.. but I did on this one as it was already a year old at the store.... paid of fthough, as carb went bad 2 years later.. got a 90 buck carb installed for free.. just had to trailer it up and leave it with them for a week... great mower.. but it just doesn't get used now that I have so many tractors... a great deal on that one... I really just waled into it... as I was looking for a bigger lawnmower than my murry.. sometimes you get lucky..

Soundguy