Recommendation requested

/ Recommendation requested #11  
Did anyone mention 4WD?

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Recommendation requested #12  
Drive over to Tazewell, VA and check out the Power Trac line of tractors manufactured in your home state. Check out the PT425. I really am impressed with mine. Good luck in your search.

/ Recommendation requested
I have been looking at all post for awhile now. This is my first reply. Just thought I would let you know that I had a 2 WD tractor w/fel. It worked OK. I have sold that one and just bought a Kubota B2910 4 WD w/ fel and R4 tires. The snow last winter did me in. I also live in Va. Most of the time the 2 wd worked ok but sometimes you get a bucket full of snow and the rear tires would just spin. The rear tires on the 2 wd were loaded.

/ Recommendation requested #14  
Hi Mike,

I know what I'm about to say may be herasy, but I have about the same landscape and have a Jinma 224 to handle the job. What the @#$%^&* is a Jinma, a chinese tractor that you assemble. I paid $6.5k for the tractor and a 60" RFM (on ebay). An FEL can be added for another $2500. Total $9K if you're willing to be your own mechanic and put 40hr of sweat equity into it. You're $8k ahead of the game. I can do a lot of my own maintenance for $8k.

They're not for everybody, but the project alone was just too much fun to pass up. I have limited info on my web site: www.diyquest.org.

YMMV,

Mark

/ Recommendation requested #15  
DIYGuy,

That RFM looks very familiar. It's 100% identical to my First Choice Mower. Nice job on the tractor assembly - sounds like much fun to me. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

OK all, I got the message on 4WD :)

Now on to more of the goodies that I'd love to hear your thoughts on:

I've decided to upgrade a bit - this is what I have thus far:
4310 130DLV
1005 4WD Front Axle in base
ROPS in base price
2015 12/12 trans upgrade
Dual mid SCV (necessary for both FEL and mower deck???)
iMatch hitch w/bushings
3rd SCV kit
Speed match kit (is it worth $40.00 for primarily mowing??)
Cruise and lighting/brushguard kits

Beyond that (and perhaps including that), I'm kinda lost - sticking with the stock base tires for now.

Anything that those with some past experience might change? Also, what to do about the FEL and the mower deck?

Everyone's been great thus far - I seem to have found the prime site for this! Thanks to all for your input...

Mike in VA

If I recall, Tazewell is near Richmond - correct?

Thanks for the tip...

/ Recommendation requested #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Tazewell is near Richmond )</font>

I'd consider Tazewell to be a long ways from Richmond. Look just south of the southern tip of West Virginia on U.S. 460.

/ Recommendation requested #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've decided to upgrade a bit - this is what I have thus far:
4310 130DLV
1005 4WD Front Axle in base
ROPS in base price
2015 12/12 trans upgrade
Dual mid SCV (necessary for both FEL and mower deck???)
iMatch hitch w/bushings
3rd SCV kit
Speed match kit (is it worth $40.00 for primarily mowing??)
Cruise and lighting/brushguard kits
)</font>

Glad to help, but Okies can't understand yer list.
Could U clarify it?