Default BX22 vs Massey GC2310

I have been considering purchasing a BX22, in my search I have run across the MF GC2310. My dealer said it should hit dealers in August 03. The GC2310 is a GC2300 with a BH aimed at the BX22. The Massey GC2300 looks good on paper. Any opinions out there? I have found the
    BX22 makes HP 22 @ 3200 rpm 54.8 ci
    GC2300 22.5 @ 2600 rpm 68.5 ci

Less RPM larger displacement means longer engine life right? Engine life is a big concern. Parts availability. I just don't see that much support for the MF out there.

Tractor
    Kubota B3000HSDCC

Default Re: BX22 vs Massey GC2310

Bugz,
    I looked long and hard at the GC2300 versus the BX2200. Deere 2210 was also in the equation. I have a gret MF dealer. JD was reasonably indifferent. I was leaning heavily to the MF. But couldn't get pass the idea of it being a brand new model. Same with the 2210. So on that thought I went with a BX2200. I know the MF and JD are very comparable to the BX - Deere even had improvements on the 3 pt hitch over the BX. But I didn't like the idea of it being a brand new untested model.

Phil

Gold Member
    Tractor
    B3030 Kubota HST

Default Re: BX22 vs Massey GC2310

I test drove the Massey GC2300 and was impressed with how it handled. I have a kubota B2410 and previously owned a compact Massey 1233. The massey was well built and performed just as good as the kubota. Iseki makes these tractors for Massey. The engines are very smooth sounding. I had no problems with the Massey but had to sell it when I moved. I would not hesitate to buy another one and never had any problems getting parts. In fact I had no problems with the Massey and only needed to buy maintence parts such as filters. My dealer in Washiungton, NJ was excellent. As I am thinking about downsizing to a subcompact with backhoe, I will await the introduction of the GC2310.