Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

Default Re: Down to the wire -- Orange or Blue?

<font color="orange">
    Accessories to check -- back up light (a must, thanks), block heater (I asked about that and although it is an option for the Orange they apparently start pretty well with their pre-heat system -- any more thoughts on that?), </font>

I've had 4 Ford/ New Hollands in a row and they've all started here in Central Mass without preheaters.
    <font color="orange">
    cutter blade for the FEL (are those weld-on or bolt-on?), hooks for the bucket (the Blue dealer said that if he installed them it would void the warranty???) </font>

My New Holland dealer has welded hooks on all of my buckets and there has never been any warranty issue.

Andy

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="orange">
    Accessories to check -- back up light (a must, thanks), block heater (I asked about that and although it is an option for the Orange they apparently start pretty well with their pre-heat system -- any more thoughts on that?), </font>

I've had 4 Ford/ New Hollands in a row and they've all started here in Central Mass without preheaters.)</font>

The purpose of a block heater is not JUST to aid in starting (though it does do that). Preheating the engine also reduces wear and tear on it, extending the life significantly. Cold starts account for a significantly high percentage of the overall wear and tear on an engine. For as cheap as a block heater is ($65 bucks or so?), it's a worthwhile investment if you live in colder climates.

John Mc

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 336d w ldr,Cub,many attachments

hey Andy, How about sending me another email on the trailer stuff, I am interested-Please..............

TBN rules! Many thanks to everyone who helped!

I ended up going orange -- got the 3710 with hydro and virtually all of the essential extras that folks on the list suggested.

Ultimately the decision came down to two things -- after you all gave me the reassurance that I'd be happy with blue or orange.
    1. The dealer is a lot closer
    2. I ended up acquiring an old L-235 at the same time (friend wanted to get it out of his barn). Having two of the same family just made sense. Too bad about my old IH454, though, it has to go.
    Now I guess I'll head on over to the kubota section and find out how to get a manual for the 235.

A word about hydro. I feel as though I've been through a conversion. I found it hard to justify spending the extra $ for the hydro, but after using it on my hills (which is most of the property) I don't know how I ever lived without it. Yea, it's nice to do have the skill set to do a little ballet changing gears going uphill, but the security of hydro is unreal -- going downhill, too.

Again many thanks!
    Zozo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123