Buying Advice Deere 1026R...can't go wrong

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #31  
Usually because some Kubota guy comes and says Kubota is better than JD, I am looking at you Eagle107. I guess the real funny thing is Eagle107 has a New Holland.

As noted Eagle is NOT a Kubota owner and he explained in post #16 that it was a tongue in cheek comment and agreed the John Deere was superior.

Man, seems no one has a sense of humor any more.

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong
GENTLEMEN!

Eagle 107 failed to use an emoticon in his post :mur: and no one but me knew he was joking (we've been through a lot together the last thirty years; he once broke my finger and I retaliated by busting his head with a 1/2" socket wrench :thumbsup: But that's a tale for another day...)

I hereby sentence eagle107 to ten seconds of self-reflection for his outrageous breech of netiquette. NOW EVERYBODY PLAY NICE. :D

New guy out! :newhere:

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #33  
Well said, and WELCOME!

Sweet tractor. The loader looks beefy in that photo! Its probably stronger than the 70 on my old JD770!

A couple of pics pushing snow or getting dirty is now required. We can only assume that it has been returned to the dealer without working photos. :)

Well said, and WELCOME!

Sweet tractor. The loader looks beefy in that photo! Its probably stronger than the 70 on my old JD770!

A couple of pics pushing snow or getting dirty is now required. We can only assume that it has been returned to the dealer without working photos. :)

Thanks. Understood on the action photos. Will get right on it! :thumbsup:

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #35  
Zippo - you obviously like your tractor as we all do. I'm not knocking Green because I don't have one. Had one back in the 60's. You have 12 hours on it and the dealer has had to repair it once already. "can't go wrong" is a pretty strong recommendation.

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #36  
Nice tractor! That looks really sweet. I didn't know what you meant by "Idiot proof H120 loader; no need to dismount tractor" but I found some info on the Deere site - that loader support is a really good idea, and easy to add to other loaders ;). Wonder what happens if the lift cylinders slump down (while loader is parked) though? Probably not a major issue.

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #37  
Don't know why a guy getting a very nice new tractor on which many Kubota owners congratulated him on had to turn into yet ANOTHER John Deere v Kubota thing.

I don't think it was as much a Deere v Kubota thing, maybe a little. Deere has the sub-compact market right now, on features, not necessarily price. As one posted they got a B for nearly the same amount as a 1026. If you want a sub, Deere is the way to go, currently... then it got off into the lettering and that Kubota was going to come back and make a product better than Deere and the only winners out of their competition is us because they are constantly trying to make a better product than the other... which had absolutely nothing to do with anything at all, I don't know where I was going with that... and then it got even more off topic about how Kubota has so many more tractors and that something similar to GM eliminating brands was similar to that?? I don't know where I was taking that one either... it's amazing how fast we can get off topic... All in all he got a good tractor:thumbsup:

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #38  
I don't think it was as much a Deere v Kubota thing, maybe a little. Deere has the sub-compact market right now, on features, not necessarily price. As one posted they got a B for nearly the same amount as a 1026. If you want a sub, Deere is the way to go, currently... then it got off into the lettering and that Kubota was going to come back and make a product better than Deere and the only winners out of their competition is us because they are constantly trying to make a better product than the other... which had absolutely nothing to do with anything at all, I don't know where I was going with that... and then it got even more off topic about how Kubota has so many more tractors and that something similar to GM eliminating brands was similar to that?? I don't know where I was taking that one either... it's amazing how fast we can get off topic... All in all he got a good tractor:thumbsup:

Can't argue with that as I said essentially the same thing when they introduced the 1026R.

People will continue to buy the BX for a variety of reasons; price, don't need the added features etc., but Kubota is going to have to match or exceed the 1026R or a lot of people like me will not get another subcompact Kubota.

I am pretty color blind, had a BX2200 then John Deere 2305 then BX2660, still have the 2305, but don't care for it; like the 1026R.

You have 12 hours on it and the dealer has had to repair it once already. "can't go wrong" is a pretty strong recommendation.[/QUOTE said:
Fair critique. But for this tractor newbie, it really can't be beat. It had a warranty repair that was handled incredibly fast by John Deere, so as far as I'm concerned, one can't go wrong with this tractor. I've been reading it bedtime stories every night.

If you wish to disagree, then it's nerf pistols at dawn. ;)

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #40  
Nice tractor! That looks really sweet. I didn't know what you meant by "Idiot proof H120 loader; no need to dismount tractor" but I found some info on the Deere site - that loader support is a really good idea, and easy to add to other loaders ;). Wonder what happens if the lift cylinders slump down (while loader is parked) though? Probably not a major issue.

You would still have to push the levers or whatever you want to call them for it to release and allow the loader to "come undone". I guess it could happen but it would be pretty miraculous for both sides levers to get knocked into the off positions and the loader to fall down just right.