Comparison Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #21  
See previous post pic. Lawn tractor blade on front, tractor blade on rear...

Not sure if you are aware, but you can get blades like that up through the 3000 series JD or the L series Kubota. It's not just for the small SCUTs. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #22  
Ok, I think I wasn't clear enough.

Could you fit a 46" snow-thrower, from an old G5200, on to a new L?

With the Deere front quick hitch, ALL front attachments from a 20 year old LAWN tractor (318, 425, etc.) will drop on to a new 3000 series and everything in between. No modifications, just two spring pins and go.

This feature really opens up options to score on used front attachments from a much, much larger market.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #23  
I think the new 1026R gets the nod over the Kubota BX2660 presently. Both are good machines you really couldn't go wrong with either one.

For most things you would use a subcompact tractor for the limited Cat 1 hitch works well. It will have limited use with a standard Cat 1 posthole digger and gin pole. For most 3PH implements using a top link that are sized for the small tractor it works very well.

The lift height is within reason for such small machines, I wouldn't expect it to lift as high as a much larger 4xxx sized machine. Below are pics of my x749 with limited Cat 1 hitch and it seems to have enough lifting height imo.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #24  
The JD 1026r is made in the USA, the others are not. This is why I choose the 1026r.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #25  
The JD 1026r is made in the USA, the others are not. This is why I choose the 1026r.

The Kubota BX is also made in the USA. Sorry. Now, we can debate "foreign content" all day long......(engines)..... as well as other things, but on face value, your statement isn't correct. Just sayin'.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #26  

Hate to burst your bubble, but you really should check the origin of the various sub-assemblies and parts on your 1026R. At most, the tractor is "assembled" in America. That's not much different than the other brands. In fact, some of the large Kubotas actually have more American content/labor than Deeres!

I'm all for buying American whenever possible, but this reminds me of someone I once saw bashing a friend over his Subaru, which as it turns out, was built in Indiana. The basher's Ford was actually built in Mexico! Unless you know 100% about the origin of parts and labor, you can't assume anything anymore.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #27  
It's not as much where it's made but how well it's made. And both are made very well...

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #28  
It's true parts of JD's 1026r are made overseas, but it is made here in the us. The id tag on my tractor does say made in the usa. The BX I looked at said made in japan. Deere's 2xxx tractors are made in Japan.

Not much is 100% made here in the usa .

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #29  
"Made in Japan/USA etc." is pretty meaningless.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #30  
I really like the 1000 series from Deere. I currently own a BX now. Will I trade it ??? No because of the loss in value on the trade. If I was looking to buy right now I would really consider the Deere. My only reservation about the Deere is reliability, and this would be true of any new model equipment. I'm not bashing the Deere's in the least. My main concern would be are they going to last or will some unforseen proble occure (like the Kubota BX 50 series abrupt stop or the HST fan issues on other SCUTs)
Both are really nice machines. I like the way the Deere's have the easy on deck.