Comparison Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #31  
"Made in Japan/USA etc." is pretty meaningless.

+1. It's nice to have the jobs here, but it's no longer the 1800's where there was just America in the free world.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #32  
It's true parts of JD's 1026r are made overseas, but it is made here in the us. The id tag on my tractor does say made in the usa. The BX I looked at said made in japan. Deere's 2xxx tractors are made in Japan.

Not much is 100% made here in the usa .

The BX's are about as American made as a tractor gets. The engine and trans are done in japan, but everything else is done here. Infact KMA exports to the EU. I've been to the factory, and they most certinally do make tractors there.

Deere is going to give us trouble with the 1026R. From what I've seen we do have a fair pricing advantage, but they have done alot of address the short commings of the prior model. They did have some mechanical trouble with this, thats why it was late to market, I'd guess thats worked out by now.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #33  
+1. It's nice to have the jobs here, but it's no longer the 1800's where there was just America in the free world.

Yes, all for having as many jobs as possible, but in a world economy in which we also export goods to other countries it is what it is. I see no complaints about the Toyotas, Hondas etc. being manufactured in the US and loss of jobs in Japan.

Like you, I am interested in quality.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #34  
It's true parts of JD's 1026r are made overseas, but it is made here in the us. The id tag on my tractor does say made in the usa. The BX I looked at said made in japan. Deere's 2xxx tractors are made in Japan.

Not much is 100% made here in the usa .

Really?

The BX has been made in the US for a long time. Sorry. Yes, like your Deere, there are components from Japan, but the BX is made in Georgia, and has an extremely high US component content. Here' old footage of the Kubota plant in Georgia. You might just change your perspective. It's been there for a long time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCo4Ev8H-U&feature=related]Kubota Manufacturing Plant - Gainesville, Georgia - YouTube[/ame]

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #35  
Just to repeat what I said early on in the thread, Deere has played a fist full of Aces in it's 1000 series, and they deserve all the kudos. They've upped the ante and now, it is up to Kubota (and everyone else) to pay catchup, if they care to. I understand Mahindra is next up to bat. We'll see on February 1st.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #36  
You can't go wrong with either machine. If you select the BX, just know that you should buy the skid plate to protect the HST cooling fan. If you buy the JD, just know that you will likely get John Deere itis, and be purchasing JD clocks, glasses, blankets, toolboxes....they are a marketing machine, and John Deere is a truly American success story with 175 years of innovation and branding.

Good luck, and post some pictures of your new workhorse doin chores :thumbsup:

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #37  
Yes, all for having as many jobs as possible, but in a world economy in which we also export goods to other countries it is what it is. I see no complaints about the Toyotas, Hondas etc. being manufactured in the US and loss of jobs in Japan.

Like you, I am interested in quality.

Amen to that. No problem getting a tractor (or anything else) made elsewhere, as long as the quality is there. I'd rather pay a little more one time to get a machine that will last than to be putting money into repairs and/or having to get a whole new machine.

Just to repeat what I said early on in the thread, Deere has played a fist full of Aces in it's 1000 series, and they deserve all the kudos. They've upped the ante and now, it is up to Kubota (and everyone else) to pay catchup, if they care to. I understand Mahindra is next up to bat. We'll see on February 1st.

I've been checking that site, (Mahindra Max) and although some of the features they've talked about are nice, I haven't seen anything ground breaking, they keep talking about value though.I think they could be coming out with a stellar price tag on this and that will be the "game changing" feature. Everything else I believe we have seen is scuts though...

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #39  
What is "Limited" about the JD Cat1 Hitch on SCUTs? What is "limited" about the Cat1 Hitch on any other brand of SCUT?

What is "limited" on ALL SCUT 3-Point Hitches is the distance between the inside of the rear wheels. This distance is part of a SCUTs makeup, being on a smaller chassis with smaller tires/wheels. Because of the narrower area, the 3-Point Hitch arms are closer together, (and the PTO shaft is closer to the implement) which, in some instances can cause an issue - it's all in the geometry I guess - which is why JD chooses to use the terminology "Limited". Other manufacturers work with the same basic geometry and choose to not use the "limited" label. FWIW: I am not an engineer and I am going by what a factory engineer explained to me.

Must have been a JD Factory Engineer! :)

The limited Cat 1 hitch is not built to the standards for a Cat 1. It might be lift height, it might be width...

For clarification's sake, the early BXs were built with Limited Cat 1 hitches. Owners expressed frustration with not being able to use standard box blades, etc. That frustration was probably responsible for the XB Series of implements sold at Tractor Supply for instance. Later BXs have full Cat 1 hitches built to industry standard dimensions. (I am an engineer and have actually checked.) That's why the BX literature does not indicate "Limited Cat 1", not because Kubota chooses to deceive.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #40  
I briefly looked at those two models before buying a bigger tractor, so I'm no expert. The thing that made me cross off that JD model was that it has a limited Cat 1 hitch and it seemed like you might have to get specific JD models of attachments VS just any generic Cat 1 attachment. I didn't dig into this, but would if I were to buy it. If it does require specialized attachments renting becomes a pain and at some point the attachments will be hard to get limiting the useful life of the tractor (Have this problem with my very old JD sub compact now). The other thing I noticed is that the JD has a lot of plastic body parts VS the Kubota (but that may not be a big factor). Other than just checking on the implement compatibility they both seemed like good machines. I'd test out both for ergonomics purposes and also see who's offering what specials.

Hey! The "limited" Cat 1 is due to the height of the tractor. Power-wise it's a "true" Cat 1, but because you can't lift some implements high enough to make them as useful, JD chose to call it a "limited" Cat 1.