kubota b7800 compared to tc24d newholland

/ kubota b7800 compared to tc24d newholland #1  

dryfly2u

Tractor
kubota b7800
Trying to decide between kubota 7800 with fel,4'box blade,57 inch tiller,brush hog, for 19,600 out the door or TC24 with same implements for 18.000 out the door. The 24 has the same height reach on the front loader with smaller bucket then the 60 incher on the 7800, the 24 weighs in at just a few pounds less than the 7800.
They both seem to be nice rigs, I am not sure about the 3pt control on the 7800 the 1/4 incher, I do alot of brush and back blade work, will the incher design be as easy to deal with as the the controls on the 2910, 2410 etc.
Also does any one have experience with tilling with the L blade as opposed to the C blade. the rumour tis that the C blade cuts the ground easier and faster then the L but wears out maybe a little quicker.
Any advise would be appreciated.

/ kubota b7800 compared to tc24d newholland #2  
I think they are both great tractors, so I can't help you too much there, but I have a question for you. What type of tiller are you looking at with L blades?

/ kubota b7800 compared to tc24d newholland
the c type is on an agric tiller and the L blade is on a celli.
Supposedly the L is the industry standard but take more hp and digs slower.

/ kubota b7800 compared to tc24d newholland #4  
dryfly2u,

I think both tractors are good tractors. $1,600 is a lot of money which would send me more the New Holland way. I also have a New Holland that I love so I might tend to send you that way also. But you might want to forget about the tractors for a bit and think more about each dealer. Which one do you think is going to give you the best service after the sale. The $1,600 savings is pretty good but no good if the dealer won't take care of you after the sale. Either tractor is going to perform. Also what about distance for service and what kind of deal does each dealer provide for you. If you have your own trailer that is not such a big deal.

Let us know what you decide.

murph

/ kubota b7800 compared to tc24d newholland #5  
Just curious why you are comparing the 7800 with the TC24 -- seems the TC30 would be a more direct comparison (30 Hp "Economy" models). 6 horsepower may not be critical to your uses, but I would think that an extra 6 Hp would be worth $1600 difference. You should be able to get the TC30 for a similar price. I was quoted about $15,000 for the TC30 with FEL -- add the box blade, brush hog and tiller to that and you may be near the $18,000- $19,000 mark.

Also, the 7800 or TC30 should easily handle a 5' box blade unless you have really tough soil conditions, and the 5' blade would cover your tire tracks. Same for a 5' brush hog. (my $.02 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

/ kubota b7800 compared to tc24d newholland #6  
I have to agree to Casimir's post. The New Holland D model is a deluxe version. And is only 24 horsepower. I am not familiar with Kubota's numbers but I found it is a economy model and I believe the TC30 is more like it. Get a price on a TC30 which would be about the same price as your TC24D. And yes the extra 6 horsepower you would notice. Also the 24 is a class 1 tractor and I believe the TC30 is a class ll which would be a more stable tractor if you have hills.

murph

/ kubota b7800 compared to tc24d newholland
the 24d has the same lifting height with the front end loader as the 7800/2910/2710, it is also the same weight as the higher b series tractors. The 24 b is supposed to be a deluxe tractor and the 7800 is a value model but it my father just broke a 29d in half right at the transmission, the kubota even on there bargain model (7800) has the two little pieces of steel that attach the bottom of the loader posts to the rear axle so not all stress is transfered through just the tranny.
Also the kubota has a finer touch on the front loader, part of why the old man broke the 29b in half was that he had a woods loader with large bucket that the dealer sold him with it and the loader under heavy load when dropping is jerky, I think but dont know that the kubota has finer valving on decent than it does on lifting and this allows for a better feel when the bucket is being dropped, I notice that the 24 d easily and at full speed lifts the tractor, while the kubota lift itself slowely and lifts buckets at full speed, I am guessing that little things like these are what makes a kubota a kubota, also the kubota three pt the turnbuckles or sliders or whatever they are using for alignment on the lower arms is on the outside of the newhollands lower arms between them and the tire.(not much room for adjustment) while the kubotas are on the inside of the lower arms which allows for much easier connection and adjustments.

/ kubota b7800 compared to tc24d newholland #8  
Just to be contrarian....I might say that it is very difficult to compare the B series Kubota's and any TC NH.. In my view (a narrow one I admit) they are not even in the same class......The TC's are cast unit construction and the B Kubota's are exposed driveshaft with frame rails. The transaxle and engine are not a solid unit. I grew up with the old iron under me and call me old fashioned but real tractors are solid unit construction. I suspect all of the driveshaft tractors are way too expensive for what you get.

/ kubota b7800 compared to tc24d newholland #9  
<font color="blue"> he had a woods loader with large bucket that the dealer sold him with it and the loader </font>
The Woods loader also has a higher lift capacity than the NH 7308 loader. Perhaps this contributed to the damage?