Used 50-60hp advice please

/ Used 50-60hp advice please #1  

sqdqo

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 492 w/Quicke Q750 loader
I am looking into 50-60hp utility tractors such as MF500 series. I don't know anything about any brand. I am more concerned about durablilty and functionality with a loader than anything. A cabbed unit would be preferred for inclement weather and snow removal. I would like to see opinions on anyones preferred tractor and their respective reasons for it.

/ Used 50-60hp advice please #2  
How much weight do you need to pick up with the loader. Give us a few more details as this would help with the size of the machine. There are large compacts and slightly heavier utility tractors being offered by most brands. Which one will work best depends on your uses and intents.

/ Used 50-60hp advice please
I would like lift ability in at least the 3000lb range. I have small acerage with light logging some road build/maintenace, food plots etc. Where I live we get heavy snow and I wish to put a hydro blade on it, maybe 9'-10'. I have been using a JD4600 but the work I do is abusive to it. I don't want to damage it. I don't want a TLB as I need the 3 point and pto.

/ Used 50-60hp advice please #4  
Kubota M6800. That's my vote.

I have had the smaller M4900 for 7 years and have zero problems. Reliable and does everything I want.

/ Used 50-60hp advice please #5  
the mf 500 series i think has a dry 2 stage clutch .that is not the best for a lot of loader work.

/ Used 50-60hp advice please #6  
I would like lift ability in at least the 3000lb range. I have small acerage with light logging some road build/maintenace, food plots etc. Where I live we get heavy snow and I wish to put a hydro blade on it, maybe 9'-10'. I have been using a JD4600 but the work I do is abusive to it. I don't want to damage it. I don't want a TLB as I need the 3 point and pto.

A Deere 5000 series with the higher capacity loader would work for you. An M59 Kubota tlb would work for your 3PH and fel needs plus a nice backhoe if needed.

FWIW, the term tlb really designates that it can be uses as a tractor or backhoe. My 110tlb is equipped with a 3PH topntilt hydraulics and the independent 540 pto. Most large dedicated backhoes are not made to remove for 3PH work. Changing from backhoe to 3PH is about a 20 minute job at most. You may have no use for a backhoe but this is to clarify.

/ Used 50-60hp advice please #7  
I've always enjoyed Ford/NH tractors, they've always been tough and reliable. MF's are great tractors as well. But so is Kubota, JD, Mahindra and many others. One thing you should start with that is just as important as the jobs you be using it for is how much $ you plan to spend?

/ Used 50-60hp advice please
Thanks for the replies. When I mentioned tlb I guess I was thinking dedicated machines like 310's or 580's. The L48's, M59's, 110tlb's are very capable but not really set up for cabs. I will pay attention to the types of clutches the older units have. Thats the kind of advice I am looking for so I don't unknnowingly head off in the wrong direction.