Comparison Mahindra Tractors, Reliable?

/ Mahindra Tractors, Reliable? #11  
2006 7520, 960hrs. I use the tractor quite firmly - alot of full bore loader work stirring a huge manure compost and some heavy grapple work. Iv got 2 problems; 1] both synchronizers broken on the shuttle, 2] broken 4wd driveshaft. Its a good tractor, but some parts are marginal.
larry

/ Mahindra Tractors, Reliable? #13  
I've been looking on TH at this one though a "05" and of course should be seen looks like a good deal. Located in Bikini State. :licking:

Boone

2005 MAHINDRA 7520 40 HP to 99 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com

That looks like a good deal to me, only 150 hours. :thumbsup: Plus it has the original wheel weights. :cool: Wonder if it has the front weights with it also? In the first year that the 7520 was out, it came with all the cast iron weights as part of the tractor package, which later became optional. :(

If you get it, you will for sure become a believer in Mahindra.

/ Mahindra Tractors, Reliable? #14  
I can't attest to the quality or Mahindra, good or bad, but their pricing policy leaves a lot to be desired. Simply finding an MSRP was all but impossible when I was considering one for purchase and the local dealers I spoke to at the time were less than helpful with giving a straight answer with regard to pricing.

/ Mahindra Tractors, Reliable? #15  
I have an uncle manages a custom metal fabrication business. They have one they use as a light forklift, grading the lot and for mowing. He's planning on buying a new tractor in a few years and he said it will definitely be a Mahindra.

/ Mahindra Tractors, Reliable? #16  
I almost bought one and I think they are good tractors. They've been around a long time and parts are available.

Finally though, after looking at all the others, I decided to get a New Holland. The Mahindra dealers were few and far between and often just a guy with a shop somewhere. They seemed a bit inconsistent with their hydraulics to me, with some of the same model units stronger than others.

And finally, they just didn't seem built as refined or rugged as the New Holland, so I eventually passed. I do like them though and the metal fenders are way better than New Holland. When looking at them, check out how difficult it might be to do the everyday maintenance like oil checking, greasing and filter access.

If I remember correctly, the ones from 35 HP on up were made in Korea. Not sure that matters.

/ Mahindra Tractors, Reliable? #17  
Ask the owners of the first models of the Kubota M7040 about dash problems. :eek: :(

there where dash problems...? maybe you should clue us dealers into that also.

don't fool yourself into thinking the "big 3" are more expensive. Deere, NH, etc both offer Indian (or other) built tractor at a price and refinement that you find from Mahindra and others.

/ Mahindra Tractors, Reliable? #18  
there where dash problems...? maybe you should clue us dealers into that also.

don't fool yourself into thinking the "big 3" are more expensive. Deere, NH, etc both offer Indian (or other) built tractor at a price and refinement that you find from Mahindra and others.
I guess a Deere(mahindra?) 5E/5D for the price of a Mahindra would be a good deal I suppose. I suspect the green paint is still a bit more expensive, especially used but I guess you could get a Red Mahindra and use the JD parts system when needed.

/ Mahindra Tractors, Reliable? #19  
there where dash problems...? maybe you should clue us dealers into that also. .

There were several complaints here on TBN, I don't remember who. I know that one of the guys who lives north of me was trading his in after about a year and that I was trying to help him out with our local Kubota dealer without success. :( I am not down on the tractor, in fact I like them quite a bit. Brought it up because no tractor make is without problems of some kind and I was getting kidded about my dash and how I have to bang on it once in awhile. Here is a complaint from another forum.

Alright, everyone pay attention. I just got off the phone with Kubota about this dash light problem. I bought my 7040 around april/ may of last year. I discovered that the 4wd park brake or none of the idiot lights come on as they should. The later 7040 ( july - ) work. Thier rep says it was a production change. Happens all the time. Can't make mine work because it's not practical. That made me happy. Not!! This is a feature that should be on the tractor for safety and to keep from damaging tractor. If it was not necessary, they would not have added it mid production. They were behind and put them out without them or someone just screwed up!! Whatever, it should be there. Look at it his way, the previous model had it and the later same year same model has it, what do you think is the truth?? I have contacted Corporate, got run around, got a # for regional sales service guy in GA 770-995-8855. I'm not giving up. I would think Kubota would want to fix this if nothing more than a liability issue, forget making the customer of a 30K tractor happy!! I mean, if I get off and I don't have something telling me that I forgot to set the brake, and it rolls over my foot, they are going to have a hard time explaining why the old version had it and the later same tractor has it, but they could not fix mine? Not to mention trans damage, because I have forgot to take it out of 4wd and drove to town, or engine damage, because my temperature idiot light didn't tell me it was to hot or my oil was to low.. Or that a set the brakes, but that they are so poor that I drove with them on for awile without noticing. I know all the things I listed are common things to checkand I being a litle facetious, but I'm a little upset!! I would advise anyone with this problem to not drop it. This should be fixed by Kubota!!

Neil, glad to know that you didn't even know about this, maybe that means that it was not a wide spread problem and limited to the very first units built.

/ Mahindra Tractors, Reliable? #20  
They have to be reliable, they have been around in the U.S. for over 25 yrs.
They have a good rep here in Oklahoma now, and are expanding. I looked at them, before I bought my 2nd Massey, but I prefer the massey line. and red looks better in the field than green and yellow. LOL
(the colors clash with my work outfits) Yes I had To Add that in gotta have some fun, with the people across the fence.....
david