Comparison Kubota L3800-JD3038E Comparison

/ Kubota L3800-JD3038E Comparison #1  

dontn

Should I buy Kubota L3800 or JD3038E? Help

I am getting ready to purchase a new tractor for my small farm. I will mainly be using the tractor for grading driveway, moving manure, and bushogging. My property is very hilly. I have priced the both of the above tractors. Both tractors have the Hydrostat Drives and both dealers are going to fill tires with fluid to increase weight.

The price is virtually the same except JD3038E includes 6 ft. Frontier Box Blade due to the 2-implement promotion. Both JD and Kubota offer 0% financing but Kubota will increase price $1000.00 if I use the financing. JD price will be $1,000.00 less.

Any suggestions on which tractor will be better for my situation? Looking at durability, repair cost, and resale value. I have Kubota Dealers and JD dealers within 15 miles.

Thanks for your help.

Don

Last edited:
   / Kubota L3800-JD3038E Comparison #2  
You are splitting hairs, either one will work for you. You need to test drive and see how they "fit" you.

Personally, I would go with John Deere for the resale, it's $1k cheaper, you get implements. Make sure the 2 range of JD is fine with you. The kubota L3800 may have a Jerky hitch, make sure you raise the 3ph *very slowly* and see if you can live with it.

I also hate kubota for saying 0% interest cost you $1,000 :mad:

/ Kubota L3800-JD3038E Comparison #3  
Agreed that you need to test both.:thumbsup:

The only cons for the kubota is the jerky hitch.

The Kubota I believe has a little stronger loader and 3PH and weighs a tad more. But dont quote me on that without looking at the specs.

Re-sell IMO would probabally be a wash. Because kubotas hold their value extremely well just like the JD.

As to the JD, I dont believe it can be had with a backhoe. So if you were considering that, you might do some checking. But for the price (if paid cash) being the same, and teh only difference is the implement, I'd get the kubota for sure. I feel it is probabally a little better deal. You can pick up a good used box blade for $400-$500. So at only $400-$500, kubota wins IMO. But if financed and the difference is $1400-$1500.....well that's a pretty close one.

/ Kubota L3800-JD3038E Comparison #4  
I don't know if you intended to get the loader, but I believe the Kubota loader is a little stronger and it is removable, in about 3 minutes. The JD does not remove. Don't know if that would make any difference to you or not. Here is a biased comparison by a Kubota dealer, but still there are points on here to consider.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTidbgJOU-I]New Kubota Standard L-Series (L3200/L3800) - YouTube[/ame]

James K0UA

/ Kubota L3800-JD3038E Comparison #5  
That kubota is 500 lbs heavier, so get a deere 500 lbs heavier an i'm sure it will move it.:D

/ Kubota L3800-JD3038E Comparison #6  
That kubota is 500 lbs heavier, so get a deere 500 lbs heavier an i'm sure it will move it.:D

yeah you gotta wonder if the weight box on the deere had anything in it, and we know the kubota had a nice heavy backhoe on it.. like I said it is biased, but still some good points about the loader etc.

James K0UA

/ Kubota L3800-JD3038E Comparison #7  
Lots of good points in that video.

Weight difference
Aluminum vs cast iron rear axle
Non-removable loader
No backhoe
etc

But that guy just drove me nuts. A good but of deception too. The weight of the BH on the botas ads a TON more traction. I am not sure what they had in the box on the deere (if they even had anything in it) but he did not say.

And then the impressive part of the kubota curling the skid. And THEN even doing it at idle:confused2: Its simple hydraulics, RPM only changes speed, not the force.

But like I said, there was a good bit of usable info, just look past the sales pitch.

/ Kubota L3800-JD3038E Comparison #8  
HATED that video, but that's beside the point. The basic L series tractors are really nice, but when a salesman puts down another brand it's really annoying. Don't like it. Video would go absolutely fine without the Deere in there, as there are two sides to any story the Deere will also do some things better. It is good information in there if you watch through the bias...

BUT, any bias aside, I think the Deere is a better deal. Two free implements and $1000 off of the Kubota would be very intriguing to me. You will have to go test drive both machines and see which one is worth more to you.

/ Kubota L3800-JD3038E Comparison
Thanks for the information. I still have not made a decision. I tried both and the Kubota feels like it is built better than the John Deere. I like the idea of getting a 6 ft. Box Blade with the John Deere.

Is it a good idea to get the fluid in the tires? I will be working in areas with alot of hills.

Thanks for the information.

Don

/ Kubota L3800-JD3038E Comparison #10  
Go with what you feel is most comfortable. Better to get what you want once than have to upgrade later. I think the machines are close on paper, so get what you feel is more comfortable would be right for you