Comparison Is Kubota L3800 worth 2000 more than JD3038E?

/ Is Kubota L3800 worth 2000 more than JD3038E? #21  
Sorry guys, I just had too. Not really looking at starting a fight at which one's better. Kubota definitely has the Deere in some areas, but the difference is really minimal. And the point of the video, anybody can make any tractor look good by showing one side. If we only listened to the defendants side of the story there wouldn't be many people acquitted of a crime. The video makes some good points on the Kubota, but to use it as a comparison tool, not so much.

John Deere 3032e vs. Kubota - YouTube

I wouldn't call a steel rear end, 3 range trans, and removable loader "minimal"! :confused2:

The original question is an easy one. Kubota... it has at least $2000.00 worth of improvements on it... not to mention a steel body vs. Deere's Fisher Price plastics. :thumbdown:

/ Is Kubota L3800 worth 2000 more than JD3038E? #22  
Thanks for all of the information. Both the Kubota and the John Deere have the quick change buckets on the FEL.

I think I am going to contact the Kubota Dealer and let him know what John Deere is doing. If he can do better, I will consider the Kubota.

I will never remove the FEL so that is not a major difference to me.

I think that $2,000, 0% interest for 60 months, and a Frontier 5 ft. Box Blade makes me lean toward the John Deere.

I remove my loader every time I service the tractor. Having a removable loader is a must in my opinion. I had no idea they made a tractor without a removable loader! :laughing: Deere saves another nickel. :cool:

/ Is Kubota L3800 worth 2000 more than JD3038E? #23  
Buy a Kioti and get a FREE loader...:licking:

/ Is Kubota L3800 worth 2000 more than JD3038E? #24  
Since you have a trade involved, the price difference is probably a difference of whats being put into the trade. Normally there is not a 2k spread on those tractors. Ask for more $$ in your trade, or shop another Kubota dealer and see if you can do better. There really are several tangible reasons why the Kubota is a better tractor.

/ Is Kubota L3800 worth 2000 more than JD3038E? #25  
I remove my loader every time I service the tractor. Having a removable loader is a must in my opinion. I had no idea they made a tractor without a removable loader! :laughing: Deere saves another nickel. :cool:

Same here, I may remove my loader more than once in a day depending on my tasks.

/ Is Kubota L3800 worth 2000 more than JD3038E? #26  
If a trade is in the mix, then this is not a simple comparison. I would expect a Deere dealer to give higher value to a Deere trade-in, period. If you're only shopping based on price, then that's a strong reason to get another Deere.

If you can decouple the trade from the deal for a moment and just compare the new tractors and their isolated prices, it would be useful for the discussion here.

/ Is Kubota L3800 worth 2000 more than JD3038E? #27  
If it were me I would sit on both of these again by myself and decide which one I preferred. Then buy my choice of the two and let it go, the difference in price won't matter to you down the line. Make sure you get the tractor you want and will handle your chores.

/ Is Kubota L3800 worth 2000 more than JD3038E? #28  
I just love those sales pitch videos:confused2:

NOT.

To the OP:

IMO, the kubota L3800 is a better overall tractor and has more to offer than the deere. But wether it is worth $2k more.....that all depends on wether you can benefit from what the kubota offers over the deere.

As others have mentioned (and I mentioned in your previous thread)
3-range hydro
Heavier
Stronger loader
Removable loader
Backhoe option
Cast Iron rear vs Aluminum

Those are some pretty major things. And for me, it would be worth 2K more, but for you...only you can answer that.

I take my loader off often. Especially when bushhogging trails back in the woods. WAY more manuverable. And I like all the loader lift capacity I can get. To say you will never take the loader off is probabally because you have never had a tractor that had a quickly removable loader. 5 minutes tops and the whole thing is out of your way.:thumbsup:

And make SURE you are comparing apples to apples with the options. There is a BIG price difference between Ag's and R4's. Make sure you are pricing them with the SAME tires.

Having a rear remote is also like a $700-$800 option. So if one of them is adding that to the cost, make sure the other is too.

So just make sure the dealer options are the same. Like the remotes, Filled tires or not, SS QA loader, etc

/ Is Kubota L3800 worth 2000 more than JD3038E?
Both the Kubota Dealer and the JD Dealer are giving me basically the same amount for my tractor. The Kubota Dealer is actually offering me $500 more than the JD Dealer.

So it really is $2000 difference in Price. Plus I get a Froniter 5 ft. Box Blade (They show cost $1000) and 0% Financing for 60 months.

I would like to get the Kubota but I am having a hard time justifying the difference. I know the Kubota is heavier, I know the Kubota has 3 Ranges, and I know that Kubota has a removable FEL. I like all of this but I don't know if it is worth that much difference.

I am more concerned about the quality of the JD3038E and the Kubota L3800. Which one will hold up better down the road? Which one has lower repair cost after the warranty?

I am going to both dealerships and play with them.

Thanks for all the information.

/ Is Kubota L3800 worth 2000 more than JD3038E? #30  
Bottom line is what you think, not what the rest of us like or prefer. All opinions are subjective. I have had two Kubotas and love them. I have also had Fords, but no Deeres. One of my good friends is a dealer for both, he steered me to Kubota when I bought my last one. It's your money and you must make the decision based upon your needs. I have found that my needs have changed for me over the years and a more versatile machine is always a plus. Good luck with your shopping and enjoy the process, don't' be in a hurry. Both are quality machines.