Buying Advice Bobcat vs Kioti

/ Bobcat vs Kioti #11  
Seems like a split on which to chose. I agree with dmace and Loren. If u dont need the qa, 3000 is A big savings. I don't have qa and havent missed. Depends on uses I guess. I do think the orange is better looking though.

/ Bobcat vs Kioti #12  
Seems like a split on which to chose. I agree with dmace and Loren. If u dont need the qa, 3000 is A big savings. I don't have qa and havent missed. Depends on uses I guess. I do think the orange is better looking though.

I think your overlooking its already 3yrs old...

/ Bobcat vs Kioti #13  
Didn't miss that point

/ Bobcat vs Kioti #14  
It may be 3 years old.
But it is new/never used and should have full warranty.

/ Bobcat vs Kioti #15  
The Bobcat is 2 years older (actually between just over 1 to just under 3 years) (example Dec 2009 to Jan 2011).

I have not removed my loader (3 years) and have had very few occasions when I would have removed the bucket if it was easier. I believe the QA actually moves the bucket forward a few inches which reduces lifting capacity slightly (along with the extra weight)

I'm probably wrong but I thought the Bobcat had a "better" seat?? It would probably pay to sit on each and check out the loaders (different manufacturers I think).

Loren

/ Bobcat vs Kioti #16  
There are Three differences between Bobcat and Kioti tractors.

1 - The FEL (For my DK50 the Kioti FEL had over 100 lbs more lift)
2 - The Dealer (My local bobcat guy was nickle and diming me on options etc, the Kioti guy was better).
3 - The Dealer (See #2). Check the warranty. Kioti was 4 or 5 years, Bobcat was only 3 last time I checked.

Daedong makes a solid tractor.

Make your choice based on the dealer, but FIRST compare all the "extras" to make sure there is only one difference.

Happy Tractoring!

/ Bobcat vs Kioti #18  
2009 vs 2011? There have been no design changes in the tractor since 2008 when Interim Tier 4 engines were introduced. So they are the same other than some aspects particular to Bobcat and/or Kioti.
The question to ask yourself, if the price difference was $3000 on an 2009 "new" Kioti vs 2011 Kioti which one would you buy?

The loaders are different manufacture and do have significant difference in load ratings.
Bobcat 7TL has 1605lbs. lift capacity @ the bucket pivot pin.
Kioti KL130 is lsited at 1155 lbs. @ bucket pivot pin.
Subtract weight of QA and bucket to calculate net load capaicty for both.

/ Bobcat vs Kioti
Am I wrong when I assume that the number of hours is more important than the model year? It seems that these diesel engines last for hundreds, if not thousands, of hours and that seems to be the main number that everyone talks about the most.

One more consideration: The Bobcat has turf tires and the Kioti R4's. I'm in Florida so snow is a nonissue. I will be using it mow 75% of the time and the rest will be divided among normal "estate" maintenance, i.e. tilling the garden, adding compost to the garden, and maintaing the gravel driveway. Our soil is mostly sand and we obviously get a lot of rain in the summer. Does this info lead to one tractor over the other?

/ Bobcat vs Kioti #20  
In your particular application I think the turf tires may be better. Mowing - turf is plus, and in hard pull condition on sand the lug tire will dig itself in faster when starts slipping.