Buying Advice New tractor purchase, need advice...

/ New tractor purchase, need advice... #11  
Will your wife be operating the tractor also? Go spend lots of time operating all the models you are considering and one or two might drop out because they don't "fit". There are a lot of good tractors out there so I won't try to sway you to a certain brand. Talk to some local farmers and see which dealer has the best reputation, a good dealer is priceless.

/ New tractor purchase, need advice... #12  
If you are thinking kubota the L series has less bells and whistles but tractor is built a little heavier than the B series. The B does have mid pto. The other things are, really just fluff.

Are you are talking about the "standard" L series or the grand L series???

/ New tractor purchase, need advice... #13  
Standard. Grand L is larger machines

/ New tractor purchase, need advice... #14  
Standard. Grand L is larger machines

I think your confused. The B series is much smaller than the L or Grand L. The 3x40 and 4x40 are very similar to the std. L with more accessories, the 4x40 and 5x40 are more similar to the MX line. The B's are much smaller than either though.

/ New tractor purchase, need advice...
Hi folks,

Thanks so much for the feedback. I should have mentioned, I own an older; however, very nice MF 175. This unit handles much of the heavy work, such as rough cut mowing, etc. The new tractor will get much more use, but will also be responsible for some landscaping, driveway tune-ups, irrigation duties, etc. I like the idea of the mid-mount PTO for a belly mower, but also for a front blower attachment. I believe 30 hp will handle all that I want, and them some. If I need more, I'll have to fire up the 175.

I've all but ruled out the JD. I like the idea of removing the loader easily, even though it will be on it most of the time. I'm planning on riding the Kubota, Mahindra, New Holland, Bobcat, and JD this week. I'll relay what I come up with. Thanks again for the knowledge, it's greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

/ New tractor purchase, need advice... #16  
a 175 is a nice tractor!

/ New tractor purchase, need advice...
Will your wife be operating the tractor also? Go spend lots of time operating all the models you are considering and one or two might drop out because they don't "fit". There are a lot of good tractors out there so I won't try to sway you to a certain brand. Talk to some local farmers and see which dealer has the best reputation, a good dealer is priceless.

I will be the primary user, if my wife ends up on it, surely a homeowners claim will follow. :confused2: She has no interest, and I have no interest for her to be on it.

This is a good point, I had not considered the comfort and ergos. I'm typically glad to be off my 175 at the end of the day; I'd like to believe the new tractor will be accomodating. Thanks for the tips!

-James

/ New tractor purchase, need advice... #18  
JRM, I know in my case I learned everything I could about the tractors then started talking to the dealers. You will know real quick wich ones are lying to you. I do sales and design for a living and you get a feeling real quick with most sales people. I really liked the JD but at 13k more it was not realistic. My 2 final picks were the Kubota and the Kioti. Look at the features and the specs. Then ask opinions of people that own the units you are looking at. Filter out the garbage and the brand loyalty crap and make a decision. If a dealer blatantly knocks another brand without proof I walk out the door. I am going to be using my FEL hard and the Kioti, Kubota and Deere were some of the best. The Bobcat loader was very good also and I know the tractor is a Kioti but they were also 10K higher in price. If you can find one at a good price keep that option open also. CJ