Dealers cost website?

/ Dealers cost website? #1  

ColdBrew

Tractor
None Yet
Is there a web site that lists dealers cost on tractors?

/ Dealers cost website? #2  
None that we are aware of. A reasonable estimate is that MSRP is 25-30% over dealer cost. Keep in mind that tractors don't have a seperate freight charge like autos and that there is more setup/dealer prep involved in putting a tractor together with FEL & MMM etc.

Click here for MD DOT contract prices (lists MSRP for alot of equipment) You aren't going to get the discounts offered to the state.

/ Dealers cost website? #3  
Our tractors do have a seperate freight cost for example the freight charges from Georgia to our dealership on class 3 TC are 432.00 plus an additional 15.00 on the loader. Hope this clears that up.

/ Dealers cost website? #4  
Spencer200,

In all the quotes I got from the big three, I never saw a freight charge quoted seperately.

Obviously it costs something to ship the tractors to the dealership. The intent of my post was that in my experience the dealers don't put a line item on the bill for delivery & prep.

Either way, I'm a strong believer in shopping for service over price. Service is more than just taking your machine in for a 100 hour maint. It is letting you try out implements before you buy, loaning you a tractor if yours needs warranty work. etc. etc. etc.

/ Dealers cost website? #5  
Yes, I don't think you can buy a tractor like you would buy a car.

The unit volume is only a fraction, and the dealer participitation in the entire process is much greater.

I believe in price shopping, i.e. competition between dealers, but the "invoice" price is pretty much irrelevant IMHO.

/ Dealers cost website? #6  
agreed sendro.
Do people actually think that car dealers are selling for $99 over invoice? Those invoices are bogus.

I live in the boonies, so I don't have the opportunity to "price shop" between dealers. I've been doing business with my dealer for more than 15 years. I do however keep him honest with the help from everyone here at this forum. It's so much fun when I can tell him stuff that even he doesn't know about his tractors! We just went through a 2 week haggling process for my 2210. He knew, and I knew that I was buying it from him from the beginning. It was fun though to go through the process.

At least I can keep him honest with the help here!

/ Dealers cost website? #7  
Exactly. I recently got quotes from a Kioti dealer, and they seem really good, much better than I expected from a 'local' dealer. Maybe the fact that I mentioned that I use the net a lot had a factor in that. He told me about OBryan's and I'd never heard of it. He claims he can't/doesn't use a computer but he knows about the deals on the net.

Good for everyone. However, I won't take up a lot of a dealer's time until I'm seriously ready to buy. And I don't believe in trying to knock them down the last dollar, I just want a good fair deal. Golden rule stuff /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Dealers cost website? #8  
<font color="blue"> You aren't going to get the discounts offered to the state. </font>

In all likelihood, the dealer isn't getting those discounts on his inventory purchases, either. Lest there be any misunderstandings here, it's not necessarily the dealer who is the determining factor on discounts to municipalities. Generally speaking, manufacturers offer dealers what is generically known as 'bid assistance' when the dealer is bidding on municipal (or even large commercial) purchases. The net effect of this is that the dealer may well be able to sell the equipment at well below his normal invoice cost by factoring in the bid assistance package his manufacturer is offering.

/ Dealers cost website? #9  
<font color="blue"> "Do people actually think that car dealers are selling for $99 over invoice? Those invoices are bogus." </font>

Actually, I do. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Of course, I base that belief on having worked in the field for over twenty-five years rather than some uninformed, knee-jerk reaction.

The invoice is the amount the dealer is billed/charged for the particular vehicle. Think about this for just a moment. Do you really believe that if 'ABC' Ford were advertising $99 over invoice and using false and fictitious invoices that 'XYZ' Ford wouldn't raise a ruckus about it? Of course they would. And so would Ford Motor and probably the FTC as well as some other alphabet agencies out there.

<font color="blue"> "We just went through a 2 week haggling process for my 2210. He knew, and I knew that I was buying it from him from the beginning. It was fun though to go through the process." </font>

Yeah, I'm sure he told his family just how much fun it was for him, too, as he explained why he had to work Sunday to catch up on stuff at the office that he could have been doing while he was having all that fun with you over those two weeks.

/ Dealers cost website? #10  
Hey Gary,

What about things like holdback,fleet orders,and other incentives from the manufacturer to the dealer?