Newbie looking for 18-25hp needs suggestions.

/ Newbie looking for 18-25hp needs suggestions. #1  

dwhite

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota G1900s, B-7610, L-5240
Just joined this fine group and I am overwhelmed with all the info. I've been able to research new models at the manufacturer's web sites but NEW is probably out of my price range. Can you suggest some used models in the 18-25hp range. Price limit $10,000 with at least a finish mower. I would like a FEL but I might wait to buy that later. Uses are: mowing 2 acres, snow removal, landscaping.
Thanks.

/ Newbie looking for 18-25hp needs suggestions. #2  
I just looked at the BX1800 & BX1500. If I did not want a backhoe. I think they are really good tractors for the money. With a decent loader to boot. I'm about to put my money down on a BX22. I wanted a Kioti CK20, They are still not being delivered. Besides they are about $5,000 more in a TLB configuration. Good luck in your search. You came to the right place for information...

/ Newbie looking for 18-25hp needs suggestions. #3  
Well I had the same problem you got,money, so I bought a chinese 25 h.p.,4 w.d.,new,from northern tool for 7,800 including taxes last year.There is a store in SALEM,VA.,where you can look at and test drive one,You can get them with front end loader as well,which should still be about 10,000,or a little less.Buying new seemed the best way for me to go,that price included a 1 1/2 year parts and laber warrenty.Look on the chinese tractor owners website for more info on these chinese tractors.Some of them,named jimmas, also come in a crate, which you assemble partialy,and these are lower priced still,I didn,t want to deal with that so I was willing to pay a little more for one already oiled up and checked out and running,plus northern I knew has been in bussiness for a long time and would PROBABLY be in bussiness for along time to come,and the tractor people there are helpfull and do return your calls.I don,t work for northern in any way,you would think though after this ringing endorsement they that I DO.Now I can't tell you how this tractor will hold up in the long run,but as of today I like it pretty good.Also by reading through these postings of the big expensive three,they are not perfact either.The only thing about buying one of those,is you should be able to personally bug,bother,a local dealer if something goes wrong,or you get a lemon. RICHARD GAUTHIER

/ Newbie looking for 18-25hp needs suggestions. #4  
One other thought,I just remembered you said you only had 2 acreas.I wouldn't think you would even need much more than a large riding mower,unless you got a very long driveway to clear in the winter,of course you can't get a front end loader [I don't think for a sears mower.] Also you probably don't want ag. tires on what ever you get if you plan on mowing your yard,leaves tread tracks when the ground is wet.You can get turf tires for that northern tractor. RICHARD GAUTHIER

/ Newbie looking for 18-25hp needs suggestions. #5  
You could get a BX1800 and 54" or 60" mower for that amount. The loader would put you over the 10k. You might consider the BX1500 as that would give you the tractor, mower, and loader for around 10k.
A good reference on pricing of Kubota compacts and subcompacts can be found here:
http://www.kazez.com/~will/kubota.html
Best wishes!

Terry

/ Newbie looking for 18-25hp needs suggestions. #6  
hi there

I'm kinda new here too but take a look at the Kubota BX2200 and John Deere 2210. I wanted a BX for over a year and finally got serious about shopping for one. I had the chance to put both of em side by side and compare them and drive them. I can't say anything bad about the BX in fact a few things I like better then the JD but I ended up with the 2210 which is supposed to be here in the morning. I guess I liked the JD a littler bit better. Anyways they were about the same price at my dealer which was 12400 with a loader and 62 inch mower. The loaders add about 2500, so without a loader you would be about 10000. The 54 inch mower drops another 400 off of the price. John Deere has a rebate of 200 bucks on a couple implements for a total of 400 back and I think they both have 3 year 0% deals too. I don't think you could go wrong with either one of these for maintaining a couple acres.
good luck shopping
later

Phil

/ Newbie looking for 18-25hp needs suggestions. #7  
I was looking for the same thing you are now and ended up getting a Kioti 3054. I was limited to $15,000 though and was able to get the tractor, FEL, 6' finish mower, and 6' deluxe grader blade for $15,000. I also have 2 acres to mow and a 600' drive to plow in the winter. I may have bought too much tractor (NOT), but I have already moved over 60 yards of dirt we had hauled in and got the entire yard ready and seeded. Now we are getting ready for 10 yards or so of mulsh after we get our lanscaping planted.

ChrisW

/ Newbie looking for 18-25hp needs suggestions. #8  
I would recommend the BX22 with mowerdeck. If you wanted to go bigger you could get the B7500 for 10,000. That is without a mower or loader. What are you planning on using it for??

/ Newbie looking for 18-25hp needs suggestions. #9  
Welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue">NEW is probably out of my price range. </font>
<font color="blue"> Price limit $10,000 with at least a finish mower. I would like a FEL but I might wait to buy that later. Uses are: mowing 2 acres, snow removal, landscaping. </font>

You might want to check out the Power Trac line of tractors that are made in your home state of VA. The PT425 model is perfect for the jobs you mention. It is commercial grade, heavy duty stuff. You could get the tractor, 60" finish mower and small bucket for the included FEL for the budget that you mention. They also have 22HP and 18HP home owner models for considerable less $$.

Even if you aren't interested, it is good reading. They post all of their prices and features. Navigate around their web site. Click on their pictures for more information. It is very informative.

Also, don't overlook the non-big 3 tractors. There are some real bang-for-the-buck deals out there.

Good luck with your search. Keep asking questions.

Again, welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Newbie looking for 18-25hp needs suggestions.
I should note that we live on a private road and my job requires that I'm out no matter the weather so snow removal will be important. Also, we plan on moving to 10-20 acres in the next 5 years. Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'm considering the BX2200.