Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Who makes a 4wd AND 4ws compact tractor?

Wow, I've never heard of Venture or Steiner. Does anyone have info on where the're made? In all honesty unless venture turns out to be weird junk, or super expenssive the 4200 looks just about perfect. The Steiner looks good as well...what is the draw back of one of these?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    PT 1845, Bobcat A300, JD Trail Gator

Visit the websites for more info. Both Steiner and Ventrac are sold through dealers and the web sites can point you to dealers in your area. I think you will find that Power Trac is less expensive than either Steiner or Ventrac, but it does not have a dealer network so you are largely on your own for maintenance with Power Trac.

Ventrac

Steiner

Power Trac

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ventrac 4500

Some info on Steiner and Ventrac. Steiner was founded over 25 years ago by 5 brothers from Orrville, Ohio, (also home of Smucker's Jams and Jellies). The business and trade name are now owned by Textron. Steiner Turf is now in the process of moving engineering and production frrom Ohio to Johnson Creek, WI.

Ventrac is produced by Venture Products of Orrville, OH. It was founded in the late 90s by the same Steiner brothers. They developed a modernized line of articulated 4WD tractors and attachments based on their long experience in this field.

I have owned Steiners and now have a Ventrac 4200. Both are outstanding products. My primary attraction to these tractors is the capability to operate safely on slopes of up to 30 degrees.

It should be noted that turning radius of these tractors is not particularly small in comparison to standard 2 wheel steer tractors or an all wheel steer such as made by John Deere. They are very maneuverable and have outstanding visibility to the front mount attachments. There is absolutely no turf scuffing in turns since the front and rear wheels are the same diameter and follow the same tracks. They are full-time 4WD and therefore provide excellent inherent downhill braking capability. Typical tire inflations pressures are 6-8 psi so they are very easy on the turf.

JackIL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12