Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who makes a 4wd AND 4ws compact tractor?

Tractors with 4wd like the kubota BX series are great. But I'd really like a bit more maneuverability. I wish some one would make a 4wd compact tractor with 4ws as well. It seems to be either one or the other...not both. The only compact tractor I've seen with 4wd and 4ws was the top of the line Honda 5518. Unfortunately Honda has discontinued their tractor line. geeze I wish Kubota would add 4ws to the BX1500/2200

Tractor
    2001 New Holland TC40D w/16LA loader

Default Re: Who makes a 4wd AND 4ws compact tractor?

Check out PowerTrac in the forums below. It's pretty neat!
    Mark

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    PT 1845, Bobcat A300, JD Trail Gator

Bobcat has loaders that are selectable between skid steer and 4 wheel steer.

Bobcat

Never heard of PowerTrac but I definately like the articulated steering...it's such a pity it doesn't have diesel engine the quality of the kubota or JD. I'd even consider a Liquid cooled gas.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33DA HST

They do offer 30, 45 and 60 Hp diesels -- nice machines.

I saw that they make diesels as well...and good ones to boot. Deutz is a great engine. Unfortunately, those models are totaly over kill for me. I mean the 30 horse weighs in at 2500 pounds! It would be really great to see PowerTrac use one of the smaller 2 or 3 cylinder Deutz engines in a 425.

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL

Check out the line of Earthforce machines. They are 4WD / 4WS.

Check out Steiner (www.steinerturf.com) and Ventrac (www.venturepro.com) too. They both offer diesel versions. If you're looking for something a little bigger, there's Wisconsin Engineering (www.wisconsineng.com) or maybe the new McCormick compacts (www.mccormickusa.com). The McC isn't articulated, but looks quite manueverable.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    PT 1845, Bobcat A300, JD Trail Gator

Earthforce was acquired by Bobcat and those machines are now sold by Bobcat as loader/backhoes. See the Bobcat link in my post earlier in this thread.

These machines range from 5000 to 9000 pounds and may be larger than <font color="red"> a 4wd compact tractor with 4ws </font> desired.

The only thing about an all wheel steer is that it might tear the yard up if you used it for that. If it was a bigger tractor. If you kept it like the size of a BX or a B it would probally be ok. I think it would be awesome if they had one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast