NH TN75 Backhoe mount vs Kubota/JD

/ NH TN75 Backhoe mount vs Kubota/JD #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello all, first post but have been 'lurking' for a couple of weeks. I am about ready to take advantage of the '0' interest rates being offered by the big 3 and when all added up the NH seems to be ahead EXCEPT for what I believe is the way the NH backhoe mounts to the tractor. Kubota and JD make a point about separate mounting to avoid 3pt twisting, etc and offer mounting kits to avoid the problem. NH seems to make a point about the 'ease of use' with the 3pt setup, does anyone out there know specifically if the NH is has a mounting kit or is it subject to twisting?
(my dealer was not really clear in his answer, which is the only time he hasn't been and it could be me not asking the question correctly)
Thanks in advance..

/ NH TN75 Backhoe mount vs Kubota/JD #2  
Some time back, I had posted pix's of a NH (can't remember exact model) with a nice Bradco setup...

I think the NH TN75 and Bradco would be an excellent combination, plenty of hydraulic horsepower from the TN, and the Bradco is probably the best aftermarket HD backhoe I've seen across the board...

The Deere backhoe combo goes on/off very fast, literally minutes...

But, I'd still lean toward the blue New Holland and Bradco... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ NH TN75 Backhoe mount vs Kubota/JD #3  
I was wondering about what models of Kubota and JD you were looking at. I was at the kutoba dealer the other day and he was setting up a M5700 with a subframe mounted backhoe that went under the frame and eventually tied into the front end loader framework. I have no experience with this set up but it looked extremely stout.

When I started looking at tractors the TN75 was the first one I looked at, good dealers in the area, great financing, and nice tractor. I liked how the NH FEL was a skid steer quick attach system since I have a skid steer and could interchange the front attachments. I also like the joystick controls on the NH. They were shorter and, I thought better placed than the kubota. On the Kubota M series of that size they use there own quick attach which is different than the skid steer universal. I asked why that was and the dealer said that with that size of loader they had to go with a stronger hookup. I don’t know.

The other part of the story is my friend has been keeping his Kubota 2001 M8200DTC at my place this winter so I have been using it occasionally. The M8200DTC is a cab model and with the doors closed you can’t hardly hear the engine. Even with the doors open it’s extremely quiet and very smooth. When I tested the TN75 I couldn’t hardly talk to my wife from the driver seat without raising my voice loudly. The three-cylinder engine on the TN just wasn’t as smooth and quiet as the kubota 4 cylinder. End the end I started looking more seriously at the Kubota. After calling everyone in almost every dealer in Oregon and seriously dealing with the finalist in the group. My closest dealer got me a M9000DTL for 2 thousand cheaper than the TN75 or the other kubota dealers M8200 or M9000 and the same price as the M6800. It’s an awsome tractor, more than I originally started looking for but how could I pass it up.

So shop hard it can really pay off. By the way I did try and deal with the local JD dealerships. They were nice but quoted me outrageous prices (5 thousand more for a 55HP tractor). They also took down my name and said they would start looking for what I wanted. Well six weeks later I still haven’t heard from them again.

Last thing, I love all the new tractors that I looked at. I have a friend who’s dad just bought 2 TN75’s with FEL and cabs for their family orchard. They have been very impressed with them. It is a really hard decision. Price, specs, dealerships, attachments, all must be considered. You will be very happy with any of these tractors.

Eric

/ NH TN75 Backhoe mount vs Kubota/JD
What part of Western Oregon, we are located in the NE Umpqua Valley. The local JD dealer wouldn't even return my calls or FAX. NH and Kubota are on the top of my list, I don't like turbo'd diesels or the fact that there might be twisting with the mounting of the NH backhoe. The kubota aux on my boat is very quiet and reliable it's just that Kubota aren't very agressive. They seem to rest on the product and it selling itself, hate to 'give' them something when the NH is really trying to get the business. I'm not getting a cab rig, just a regular, I can afford a cab but don't really care about it and would rather spend the money on implements.

Thanks for the input..!

/ NH TN75 Backhoe mount vs Kubota/JD #5  
hardyakka

I’m just about 20 minutes NE of Eugene. I got the kubota at Mid Valley Tractor in Eugene. Bob is the sales man and part owner. He lives just up the road from me. Like you said he’s not real aggressive but he sure did give me a great price on the tractor. Just like you said both NH dealers really wanted the sale. In fact when I called the NH dealership and left a message for the salesman he was out to my farm with literature and a quote by early afternoon the same day. I will be giving them some business when I can just not this time.

By the way the M8200 and M9000 are both turbo. The M6800 is not but all these kubota’s use the same four cylinder engine.

This board is great. It’s good to get some info about the utility size tractors on it.

Eric

/ NH TN75 Backhoe mount vs Kubota/JD #6  
I have a New Holland TN75D with a Woods 1050 backhoe. As I stated before, I looked at most of the backhoes out there and the Woods 1050 came out on top. don't confuse this with the lighter duty Woods Ground Breaker series. This backhoe uses the Cat II 3 point hitch with some very rugged bracing and shows no evidence of twisting the machine's case at all. I checked with NH engineering and Woods engineering befoe purchse and they both said no problem on this machine using the 3 point hitch. This is not true of the compacts where I always ran a subframe mount. The Woods 1050 is very smooth and also very strong and I've had no trouble digging out large oak stumps and large boulders.
I don't notice the noise on the TN and really like it's capabilities. Since I'm used to turbos on larger equipment where there're the norm I don't mind the turbo at all and love the power boost when it kicks in as needed.

Andy
Andy

Attachments

• 261007-TN75Woods1050.jpg
    261007-TN75Woods1050.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 244
   / NH TN75 Backhoe mount vs Kubota/JD #7  
Now that’s a nice setup. I hadn’t really thought of how much heavier duty the CAT II hitch and utility frame is. It sure would make hook up easier. Looks like you have and like just what hardyakka is looking for.
Eric