Comparison Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #1  

TULLY2TH

Tractor
KUBOTA L-3240HST
I thought we had decided on the Kubota, but after the price increase and talking to an LS dealer, who used to be a JD dealer, I'm leaning toward the LS. More hp,weight, extras, warranty, better pricing, etc.
Any advice?

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #2  
Resale?
I looked the LS at a show and they looked ok but if its not price considerable less and at dealer I really trusted I would stick with kubota jd massey ford bobcat kiota but that's just me.

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #3  
It takes horsepower to move weight and other wise the hydro on the Kubota Grand L-s has no equal!

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #4  
After a year with the LS U5030 I grow tired of telling people about it. What's an LS's? If you didn't buy an LS you payed more and got less, allot less in most cases. You got inferior quality(no matter what you bought) you got less gears, you got less remotes, you get a less capable FEL, you got less (steal) weight in the frame. You got plastic parts where I got steal. You got one less one less cylinder in the engine. You were shorted 500cc's or more on your engine. You payed extra for all items that I got included in the price. And on top of all that in the U5030 case you got a compact tractor and I got a utility tractor and that's gigantic. It's a real nice machine.

HS

HS

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H
So you love the LS? I have done reseaech ad infinitum and am not sure at this point if its too good to be true. They are not number one but potentially could be. I feel its like buying a Honda or a Sony. Better quality for a fair price? The LS has alot of extras included in the price. I need a tractor for life. Is this it?

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #6  
If this is going to be a long term purchase then forget the difference in price, over the long run it's not really going to matter. Sit and operate each one. Play with all the features. Try to get a feeling about the dealer. For me I started looking at Kioti but each time a dealer started carrying them it was only months before they either went out of business or stopped.

I don't know much about LS tractors, last I knew there were no dealers near me. But reading the posts from those that have them they seam like a good tractor. I don't think I would be too worried that the price is low, I think LS is trying to gain market share.

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #7  
LS has actually been around several years in this country. It was formerly known as LG, and while it did not sell under its own label previously, it made a lot of tractors for Montana and Farmtrac, and for a while made McCormick's compacts. Now it makes compacts for New Holland and Case IH, as well as selling as LS.

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #8  
Pretty much in agreement with crazyal, I tend to discount those posts such as, "LS, Kubota, John Deere, Kioti etc. is the "best", "heaviest", "most for the money", "highest/lowest resale" etc. If there was a "best" tractor, just about everyone else would go out of business.

Look at all of them and buy the one you like the best and don't pay too much attention to the price if the tractor doesn't fit you. I have operated machines that did not fit me or my needs and they made for some very long days in the seat.

All I know about LS tractors is they are blue and we don't have a viable dealer in my area, so I have no first hand experience with them.

/ Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H #9  
Well all I know is that I have had two LS tractors in the last 5 years (one green and one blue) and they are as good (or as bad) as anything else out there ... I have never had any major problems with them?