Decent dealers in No. Cal?

/ Decent dealers in No. Cal? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hey gang....

I'm also new to all this. I just finally killed my ancient Homelite-Jacobsen commercial mower (sent the spark plug about 10 ft in the air) so now I'm looking at a sub or a compact for my 2 acres. I want a loader....well, because I want one, and it seems practical...of course a mower and tiller too. From the looks of comments on this site the BX series seems to be popular.

/ Decent dealers in No. Cal? #2  
Northern California is a fairly large area, about where are you located? I'm near Auburn. Gold Country Kubota/JD has been very good, a little busy lately so have patience. There are many dealers for all makes throughout the valley. Rat...

/ Decent dealers in No. Cal?
Yeah, I guess that is a little vague. I'm outside of Petaluma in Sonoma Co. There are 3 or so dealers in the area, but I don't know much about any of them. North Bay, Lampsons and Green Valley. A friend of mine had some work done on their Kubota at North Bay and it took forever....but it may have been the time of year...

/ Decent dealers in No. Cal? #4  
intothewoods, I sent you a private message. Let me know if we can help.

/ Decent dealers in No. Cal? #5  
As RaT and I were discussing awhile back, you can expect to pay more here than what you will hear from TBN members from across the country- It's the cost of doing business in California- and you're not exactly in the low rent district. You may want to venture out into the valley- Winters, Woodland, Sacramento, Willows, Red Bluff, even.

Thanks, I've noticed that too. I'm willing to check farther out if it will same me a grand or so.

-s-

/ Decent dealers in No. Cal? #7  
I'll second RaT's recommendation of Gold Country Tractor (they changed their name - they sell JDs now, too). I've been really happy with them. But they are busy, so they do kind of move at their own pace.

But Newcastle is a ways from Sonoma. I don't know much about dealerships around the coast or Bay Area. My father in law has been trying to find someone local to him (Bay Area) and he's having trouble. There are a couple dealerships in the valley - it would be worth your time to make a visit to at least a couple, I would say. You'll get different prices and you also want to find someone you like / trust.

<font color="blue"> I want a loader....well, because I want one, and it seems practical </font>

Both great reasons /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. You do want one, and you'll find out that it is not only a fun thing but really useful. You'll probably start wondering how you did without it for so long...

The Sacramento valley has several dealers, being an agricultural area. ( I've never fiigured out why prices seem to be so high here, given this fact.)

I bought my B7500 from Sacramento for Tractor- they've carry <font color="orange">Kubota</font> and <font color="blue">NH</font>. I've also been to Woodland Tractor (a little closer to you...), and Garton (locations in Stockton and points south) and my decision to buy where I did is more a matter of their proximity to me (10 minutes away) than anything else. One thing that I have noted is that none of the dealers that I have been to seem to be oriented towards the private buyer- agricultural use, or construction, is the focus. This seems to have something to do with how they deal with you, what they know, and what they stock. If you have the time, take a day a go to as many dealerships as you can- it's fun and it's amazing how often you learn something new.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the responses, all. I definitely plan to make a road trip to check out the dealers in the Sacto area.

I have watched you progress to "Tractorless no more"...this site is a blast and I've learned tons just by following the threads that interest me....

-s-

/ Decent dealers in No. Cal? #10  
Here's another thumbs up for Gold Country Kubota. The quotes I got from them and the other two dealers in the area (Sacramento for Tractor and Woodland Tractor) were within two or three hundred dollars of each other on the tractor. I decided to go with Gold Country due to proximity (I live in Placerville and my dad is in Newcastle) and I have no regrets. BTW, they also had the best mount for the top and tilt contol valves. It clamps to the ROPS and provides a more stable platform than the fender (where the other guys proposed mounting the valve body).

Good luck!

-Scott