Compact Tractor vs Garden Tractor

/ Compact Tractor vs Garden Tractor #1  

jdovin

Tractor
Cub Cadet
I am new to the site and look forward to learning from all the experience of those on this site. I am considering moving up from a 2K cub cadet (been a piece of junk) to either a compact tractor or heavier duty garden tractor. My property is less than 2 acres, but has it share of obstacles sometimes requiring positive traction-mow in marsh area near water, on hills, and inclines. I often have the need to repair and grade my driveway. Anyway-that my story-have been looking at the John Deere 500 series and above and possible the Kubota 7610 0r 2210. Thanks for any guidance.

Jim

/ Compact Tractor vs Garden Tractor #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Compact Tractor vs Garden Tractor #3  
There are specific forums relating to both John Deere and Kubota tractors here on TBN. You may find some info there in regards to assisting you in possibly making your decision. Best of Luck and Welcome aboard. :tractor:

/ Compact Tractor vs Garden Tractor #5  
Consider a John Deere X748. 4 WD with great traction and built sturdy. They have a fairly low center of gravity so with weights, either wheel weights or loaded tires or both, it will handle all but the steepest hills comfortably. It is big enough to have a Cat. 1, 3 point hitch to deal with rear attach tillers or blades or many other attachments, and has the diesel power to toy with them.. Yet is small enough to not be overkill for a 2 acre parcel.

/ Compact Tractor vs Garden Tractor #6  
Welcome to TBN!!

/ Compact Tractor vs Garden Tractor #8  
Welcome to TBN

You'd be pleased with the X700 series from Deere. You'd also appreciate the power and capability of the Kubota BX series. The older BX 1830, or newer BX1860 would suite you just fine.

Mahindra makes a small sub-compact, as does LS in the J series. You might spend some time sitting on any/all of these to get a feel for which would give you most bang for the buck.

/ Compact Tractor vs Garden Tractor #10  
Welcome to TBN, second the information by bp fick and Deere Dude.