Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46

Default Mahindra Max 22

Has anyone actually found a MAX 22 or Max 25 series Mahindra yet? I think the dealers are sick of people asking because they aren't even returning inquiry calls it seems.

Elite Member
    Tractor

Default Re: Mahindra Max 22

It kind of reminds me of this: The Official Home Of Where's Waldo?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

With a new model like the Max, as much hype as the intro got, I'm sure it will be a while before most dealers get one on their lots. I've seen it several times over the past few years; you can go back in any of the brands and find similar posts about the JD 1 series, the Mahindra 16 series, the MF 1526, etc., etc.

Tractor
    '11 Deere 1026R

From what I've seen, the max 22 and 25 are the same as an 1816. Sure, they are rated for more horsepower and have different headlight housings. You should be able to get the same feeling by sitting in the seat of the 1816 (you won't be able to see the headlights or decals on the hood).

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Quote Originally Posted by kootch88 View Post
    Has anyone actually found a MAX 22 or Max 25 series Mahindra yet? I think the dealers are sick of people asking because they aren't even returning inquiry calls it seems.
    Dealers have pricing on them, so they can give you a price and they should. I've been quoting them, but we do not have the 22/25 yet in stock. Max 28xl's have been shipping to dealers. I only know about the west coast, and it looks like March 30 we are scheduled to receive a bunch of containers of both Max 22 and 25 from Mitsubishi. Loaders, mowers and backhoes, as well as tires, are here and ready to go. So much to the frustration of some dealers and their customers, we are still a few weeks out. I suspect Texas and Tennessee distribution centers might be a little ahead of us, so perhaps a little earlier from these centers, but that is only a guess.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by XSKIER View Post
    From what I've seen, the max 22 and 25 are the same as an 1816. Sure, they are rated for more horsepower and have different headlight housings. You should be able to get the same feeling by sitting in the seat of the 1816 (you won't be able to see the headlights or decals on the hood).
    They are not the same as the 1816, I looked at one and there are some attachments that will not fit and the maxx ergonomics are a bit more friendly as well. The layout for me makes a difference since I have to put hand controls on since I am a cripple and the feet don't work.

Tractor
    1026R

I made a few inquires to Mahindra dealers and never had any response. This could be for multiple reasons, not the least of which is the availability of these new machines. Even so, I think its really poor business practice to advertise contact info, and not to respond. It makes my selection easier though!

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    Dealers have pricing on them, so they can give you a price and they should. I've been quoting them, but we do not have the 22/25 yet in stock. Max 28xl's have been shipping to dealers. I only know about the west coast, and it looks like March 30 we are scheduled to receive a bunch of containers of both Max 22 and 25 from Mitsubishi. Loaders, mowers and backhoes, as well as tires, are here and ready to go. So much to the frustration of some dealers and their customers, we are still a few weeks out. I suspect Texas and Tennessee distribution centers might be a little ahead of us, so perhaps a little earlier from these centers, but that is only a guess.
    They effed up if you ask me. Why say they will be in the showrooms when they won't? It makes me not even want to deal with them if they can't even get a delivery date right by a month. Love the tractor, but am not impressed with the company thus far.

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

If they are as good as the 2615 I had and the 3616 I got they may be worth the wait. Kootch88 you are not crippled, challenged maybe but when you can drive a tractor, even with hand controls your doing alright. My feet dont work and I have to wear braces up to my knees but I get the job done. good luck

Tractor
    1026R

No doubt.
    I'm 0 for 4 on dealers giving me *any* response (let alone price estimates). That's a clear message to me they don't want my business.
    The machine specs out real nice, but all I've had to look at is the pictures on Mahindra's website- the loader controls look clunky/exposed, and the other controls don't look particularly great. I'm not sold on metal fenders being a selling point either- plastic/fiber was just fine on my 4310, and its much more resilient (if properly designed).

Quote Originally Posted by kootch88 View Post
    They effed up if you ask me. Why say they will be in the showrooms when they won't? It makes me not even want to deal with them if they can't even get a delivery date right by a month. Love the tractor, but am not impressed with the company thus far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast