Buying Advice case or mahindra

/ case or mahindra #11  
It has CNH cast into all the major parts i noticed so i don't think it has anything in common with LS other then the fact its a tractor. They really are a great value though and I'm finding that I'm fighting the urge to buy a second Farmall A series tractor.

/ case or mahindra
thanks guys was just able to check the responses.it is a 2 wheel drive,and yes it is a cash price.just wasnt sure of the quality of the mahindra.

/ case or mahindra #13  
What are you planning on doing with the machine outside of the 3.5 acres of mowing and 600' driveway maintenance? Do you have additional property to maintain, do you need to run a snow blower? More info about your needs will help us help you.

If you are only doing mowing on those 3.5 acres and the driveway maintenance, the 45A would be way overkill in my opinion. I have 12.2 acres, 1/4 mile driveway, mow about 3 acres of lawn, bushog another 4 acres, and need the tractor for snow removal and dirt work. A 45hp utility would be way too much for my needs, and too big to mow the yard with.

/ case or mahindra #14  
It has CNH cast into all the major parts i noticed so i don't think it has anything in common with LS other then the fact its a tractor. They really are a great value though and I'm finding that I'm fighting the urge to buy a second Farmall A series tractor.

Well, before I put out anymore bad info,:eek: I decided to check the specs. It looks like the 45A is different from the D45, but it still has an 8x8 transmission and may have an independent PTO. I haven't seen anything about a dual clutch. What type PTO does your's have, Robert? The standard single remote is also a nice feature and the 11.6 gpm main pump is impressive. It sure seems to be a nice machine. My guess is that it is a pure Shibaura tractor, but I don't know that for sure.

/ case or mahindra #15  
Well, before I put out anymore bad info,:eek: I decided to check the specs. It looks like the 45A is different from the D45, but it still has an 8x8 transmission and may have an independent PTO. I haven't seen anything about a dual clutch. What type PTO does your's have, Robert? The standard single remote is also a nice feature and the 11.6 gpm main pump is impressive. It sure seems to be a nice machine. My guess is that it is a pure Shibaura tractor, but I don't know that for sure.

I don't think it is. As I said, the major castings I have noticed all have CNH cast right into them. So the base of the tractor would appear to be CNH.

I have not used the pto yet but I believe it is independent. I read your post while using the tractor today and decided to shift the pto lever while moving and it didn't yell at me. It engages just like my TN does.

/ case or mahindra #16  
The Farmall A brochure states that the PTO is fully independent.