Buying Advice case or mahindra

/ case or mahindra #1  

tdw2676

Tractor
kubota
help me guys.i have 3.5 acres to mow and a 600 ft. driveway to keep up.i can buy a brand new case farmall 45a for $12000,or i can buy a 2005 mahindra 3525 with 490 hours on it for $6500.the used tractor seems to be in pretty good shape.

/ case or mahindra #2  
Why are you having trouble deciding which one to buy?

/ case or mahindra #3  
The 3525 is a good basic tractor, simple and gets the job done with no frills.

/ case or mahindra #4  
I see 5500 resons why you should give the Mahindra serious consideration ... more than enough tractor for you... of course you also inherit the first owners issues's if any and how close is the Mahindra dealer?

/ case or mahindra #5  
That $5500 difference will buy a very nice mower & box blade and still leave cash in pocket for other things if needed.

/ case or mahindra #6  
I don't have any experience with the Mahindra your looking at but did just buy a Farmall 45A and I love it so far. If you can try to compare how the Mahindra is set up compared to the standard features on the Farmall. The 3pt hitch is set up the exact way it should be, telescopic stabilizers and lower links. Makes hooking and unhooking 3pt implements a breeze. And the seat is very comfortable. I was really impressed with the tractor as a whole. Its very quiet and just very well put together.

The price you got on the Farmall is a very good price. Is that a cash price?

/ case or mahindra #7  
How much warranty is available on the Mahindra? Will you be happy with 2wd instead of the D45's 4wd? Does 8x2 transmission meet all the requirements you'll have or would the D45's 12x12 shuttle transmission make more sense? Is the live PTO of the Mahindra better than the fully independent PTO of the D45? How about the D45's 4-cylinder engine over the Mahindra 3-cyl?

From my viewpoint, the Mahindra beats the D45 in two major ways. It is heavier by almost 1000 lb and it is cheaper because it is a used tractor.

/ case or mahindra #8  
jinman said:
How much warranty is available on the Mahindra? Will you be happy with 2wd instead of the D45's 4wd? Does 8x2 transmission meet all the requirements you'll have or would the D45's 12x12 shuttle transmission make more sense? Is the live PTO of the Mahindra better than the fully independent PTO of the D45? How about the D45's 4-cylinder engine over the Mahindra 3-cyl?

From my viewpoint, the Mahindra beats the D45 in two major ways. It is heavier by almost 1000 lb and it is cheaper because it is a used tractor.

The D45 is a completely different unit then the farmall 45A. His price for the 45A has to be for the 2wd version. Here is my 45A before it got dirty

ForumRunner_20120311_141328.png

/ case or mahindra #9  
The D45 is a completely different unit then the farmall 45A. His price for the 45A has to be for the 2wd version. Here is my 45A before it got dirty

View attachment 255376

Ah yes! Caught again by the new model designations.:eek: That new 45A is really an LS isn't it? A new D45 for $12k would have a line around the block waiting to buy it.:D

/ case or mahindra #10  
Ah yes! Caught again by the new model designations.:eek: That new 45A is really an LS isn't it? A new D45 for $12k would have a line around the block waiting to buy it.:D

That tractor should not be an LS. The specs on the Farmall 45A shows that it has a Shibaura N844L engine. So it is either a Shibaura tractor or it is a true CNH designed tractor, which is why Robert's new Farmall 45A runs so well/smooth.