Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Default Re: Kubota 4240 vs Deere 4120 -- Why big price diff?

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    No, I think kubota just buys their paint from the same supplier as JD.
    Now there;s a shot over the bonnet..

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    No, I think kubota just buys their paint from the same supplier as JD.
    I still think that sparkle in the orange paint that the Kioti's don't have is real flakes of gold. You're just jealous of the Kubota's bling.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    $13k, I think either the Kioti dealer gave you one heck of a deal or the kubota dealer used the wrong number. The price difference when I was looking was about $1500 but once I got a feel for the HST+ (and I wanted a front mount snow blower that the Kioti dealer couldn't find in the book) the Kioti was out of the running. For $13k I would drive the Kioti to the Kubota dealer and ask him to come out and show you why the Kubota costs $13k more (maybe they use gold dust mixed in with the air they fill the tires with).
    If my Kubota dealer was within $1500 I would be dickering with him. At $13K it makes no sense to even bother him - he's never going to come down that far. My Kioti dealer is a "Kioti 5 paw" dealer, and I think was the top-selling dealer for Kioti last year. He's been in business for 21 years, and has made it a family business. And I was blown away with the price, too. It is probably the only way I can afford the cabbed HST tractor I've wanted for years. I'm going to go see him and try to finalize the deal today.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWannabe View Post
    If my kubota dealer was within $1500 I would be dickering with him. At $13K it makes no sense to even bother him - he's never going to come down that far. My Kioti dealer is a "Kioti 5 paw" dealer, and I think was the top-selling dealer for Kioti last year. He's been in business for 21 years, and has made it a family business. And I was blown away with the price, too. It is probably the only way I can afford the cabbed HST tractor I've wanted for years. I'm going to go see him and try to finalize the deal today.
    Pick up and extra one for me while your there.

Tractor
    all makes and models

Just got my spring copy of Northern Hydraulics and boy do they offer good deals on tractors and with no freight!!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    Just got my spring copy of Northern Hydraulics and boy do they offer good deals on tractors and with no freight!!
    Do you have anything good to say about a tractor besides kubota? Don't mean to sound rude or snotty, but you find a way to seem every tractor lesser, though it's not always true.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by Martian

Do you have anything good to say about a tractor besides kubota? Don't mean to sound rude or snotty, but you find a way to seem every tractor lesser, though it's not always true.
    It's just Art being Art. Sometimes I think he must crap Kubota Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWannabe View Post
    If my kubota dealer was within $1500 I would be dickering with him. At $13K it makes no sense to even bother him - he's never going to come down that far. My Kioti dealer is a "Kioti 5 paw" dealer, and I think was the top-selling dealer for Kioti last year. He's been in business for 21 years, and has made it a family business. And I was blown away with the price, too. It is probably the only way I can afford the cabbed HST tractor I've wanted for years. I'm going to go see him and try to finalize the deal today.
    For $13k, if you had bought the Kubota I would of said you needed to check in to the local hospital and have your head examined.

When I was looking I got a quote from a dealer that was about $1K above retail. I just dismissed them and a few days later I got a message saying they screwed up and quoted me a cabbed tractor. I looked at the quote and it was for a HSTC (cabbed model). They said they would be sending a new quote. Well the price didn't change but they did change it from HSTC to HST. Needless to say I never bothered contacting them further.

One thing nice is being able to see the retail prices of the Kubota on-line. If a dealer gives you a quote you can check to see what the retail price is. If you didn't have a Kioti dealer you could still have tchecked the Kubota quote to retail to see how much of a discount they are offering you and how much more you might be able to get out of them. It would be nice if every company would do it.

BTW congrats on the Kioti. I bet you'll love it.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

I just have gone through the buying process, got quotes on a Kioti, a kubota, and a Massey Ferguson. The Kubota quote was almost $13,000 higher than the Kioti for an equal configuration; the Massey, $10,000 higher than the Kioti. While I really liked the Kubota, in no way could I justify the higher price.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    When I was shopping the JD dealer didn't even want to talk to me. He did a basic answers to any questions and didn't even bother getting out of his chair. I think they make their living off of larger ag tractors and are happy with the people who walk in and pay what they are asking because of the colors. BTW I really like the JD green (even painted the spare room JD green ) and yellow but for that kind of price difference, go with the kubota.

That being said I think the Kubota HST+ transmission is head and shoulders above the rest. NH has the next best thing. Now that I own the HST+ the price of the JD would have to be cheaper, by quite a bit, before I would even look at it. Even now I wouldn't buy the MX5100, a very nice tractor, because it doesn't have the HST+ transmission. Ask the dealer to show you how it works or watch the videos at Messick's website.
    This is almost exactly my experience & opinion.

Except I didn't go crazyal & paint any rooms John Deere green!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast