Just purchased a small pecan orchard

/ Just purchased a small pecan orchard #21  
I'd certainly go with Deere just because they hold value, and parts cost the same but you'll get your money back on the green ones.. I'm currently shopping in the same market as yourself and looked at kubotas but I'm gonna stick with Deere, maybe find a 990, 970 or 870.. they're smaller but have the Hp..
whatever you decide make sure you get a 4x4 machine and it has a loader on it.. because you'll have a **** of a time getting one later on,,, and it'll cost more to buy them seperate

I would skip the loader in this case in lieu of a machine with far greater agility. While loaders are very useful and handy to have, the poster would loose too much in other features that he needs 90% of the time.

/ Just purchased a small pecan orchard #22  
Welcome to TBN Bill.

There are allot of good brands out there to pick from. I have a preference for Deere, because where my tractor is located, there are few others to provide the parts and service support. Deere is second to none in this area!

I struggled with the high price when buying my current tractor....so shopped for a late model used tractor. After allot of searching I found a great used tractor that had all the right equipment to meet my needs. I found it at tractorhouse.com

The tractor house site would be a good place to search and review prices IMO. Typically you can buy a little less than the posted prices. :thumbsup:

/ Just purchased a small pecan orchard #23  
Glad to be here and it appears that you share my enjoyment of cooking in dutch ovens outdoors.

Sorry to be so late in a comeback but my email notification is messed up again!:mad: Yes i cook for ranch round ups, elk fondation dinners, Police functions, and personal enjoyment! :licking::licking::licking:

/ Just purchased a small pecan orchard
Ok, I have finally found what I was looking for. This is true but hard to believe. An elderly man passed away and his family sold his tractor to a dealer here in Granbury. It is a Kubota L3000DT. It is basic and seems solid but here is the kicker. It is brand new with only 10 hours! The oil was clean, original oil filter, new battery and tires put on due to age. A great deal passed on to me with a brand new 5' shredder (rotary cutter). This will do the job and thanks to all who contributed.