JD 4110 I thought?

/ JD 4110 I thought? #1  

GONO2

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 790
Until yesterday, I had decided to purchase a JD 4110 with FEL, MMM and a few other attachments. I am very impressed with it and it will serve my 5 acres well - Then yesterday I stopped by the New Holland dealeship and drove a TC24D - Very impressed with it as well. Haven't priced it yet, but probably will tomorrow. Anyone have any comments on one of these over the other?

/ JD 4110 I thought? #2  
I think you definitely want to drive a few different makes before choosing one over the other. There is a different feel for each machine, especially with the locations of the controls. I liked Kubota & NH's setup for the Hydro much better than I did JD. I thougt the NH and JD were easier to climb into than Kubota. I felt my NH out-maneuvered all of them, I think that was the deciding factor for me.

Mike

/ JD 4110 I thought? #3  
I looked at the 4110 also. John Deere does not offer a backhoe in that frame size. If you add a 3pt aftermarket backhoe and it damages the tractor, you void the warranty. Something to think about. I like the TC21 & TC24 line also. I ended up with the BX22 as it will probably be enough tractor for me. If not the trade-in should be good.

/ JD 4110 I thought? #4  
GONO2,

Most of the CUT's out there are good tractors including the John Deere and the New Holland you already have driven. If New Holland is the one you feel the most comfortable with then that is the one you should deal with but only after you have checked out some of the other ones. I always like to talk dealer, they are very important, compare prices. Buying the lowest is not necessarily the best. If you have a dealer that is a bit higher but you feel more comfortable with him then that is the route to go. When you narrow it down then read the as many of the past posts about that tractor as you can. You may be buying a tractor that will have something on it that you will not like and you won't realise it until you get it home. In another post a guy found out that in order to run the Mid PTO you had to engage the rear PTO. Now for some that would be a pain, for others not. That is why you should read as many posts as possible.

I have had a TC21D and a TC29D and loved them both. My 21 just wasn't quite big enough for me, but for the year I had it I loved it. I also liked the feel of the New Holland over the others.

murph