Comparison Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #11  
i really cant tell you wich tractor to get,because you need to drive both of your choices an see wich best fits you.although when i bought my tractor i didnt test drive it.

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #12  
You might want to take a look at the mahindra 5035 series while you're at it. Those seem to be pretty popular lately.

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #13  
You might want to take a look at the mahindra 5035 series while you're at it. Those seem to be pretty popular lately.

The OP is looking at tractors with cabs. The 5035 is not available with a cab,:( yet. Maybe in a couple of years. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010
Yes. A cab is a must for a variety of reasons. Not sure why Mahindra is farming out their bigger cab models.

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #15  
Yes. A cab is a must for a variety of reasons. Not sure why Mahindra is farming out their bigger cab models.

The 16 series are made by Mitsubishi for Mahindra. The 10 series is actually made by TYM. The 8560 is made by Mahindra. There are numerous reasons for these partnerships. Mahindra makes all there own bigger-heavier stuff.

I'd be really surprised if you find a 7k price difference when it comes down to it. 9/10 times those kind of spreads end up being false, or some weird localized pricing dynamic.

Well, I've finally gone through the quotes and yes indeed, the comparably equipped Kubota 5240 is $7000 more than the Mahindra 5010. Now I know HP-wise the 4740 is probably a more fair comparison, but that can't be more than $2000 less can it?

Just to add fuel to this fire the Kioti DK50SE HSTC is coming in at $3700 less than the Mahindra!

Hmm...the Kioti is still orange...perhaps that is close enough?

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #17  
Well, I've finally gone through the quotes and yes indeed, the comparably equipped Kubota 5240 is $7000 more than the Mahindra 5010. Now I know HP-wise the 4740 is probably a more fair comparison, but that can't be more than $2000 less can it?

Just to add fuel to this fire the Kioti DK50SE HSTC is coming in at $3700 less than the Mahindra!

Hmm...the Kioti is still orange...perhaps that is close enough?

I'd be asking that Kioti dealer how long it will take to get it home!:thumbsup:

I'd be asking that Kioti dealer how long it will take to get it home!:thumbsup:

That's about what I'm thinking at the moment. I like the cab on the Mahindra a bit better than the Kioti and the loader has better specs, but it (as I understand it) uses the same engine as the DK50SE....

This is looking more and more like a no-brainer to me!

Last edited:
   / Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #19  
Wow prices have really spread apart since I bought 4 years ago! My price quotes were all very close to each other from Deere, kubota, new holland/case, and mf(no kioti or mahindra near me when I bought).

Wow prices have really spread apart since I bought 4 years ago! My price quotes were all very close to each other from Deere, kubota, new holland/case, and mf(no kioti or mahindra near me when I bought).

You think that's a spread...I also got a quote from Deere (4520)....$6000 MORE than the Kubota. That's just robbery.