Comparison Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #21  
You think that's a spread...I also got a quote from Deere (4520)....$6000 MORE than the Kubota. That's just robbery.

Sounds to me like you either got a couple dealers that area willing to deal and a couple that aren't or something big has happened. Though 4520 is more machine than the others mentioned, it shouldn't be over $16,000 more than the Kioti. If these are really the new prices, I'll be getting a Kioti as my next machine:thumbsup:

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #22  
... yea, somthing does not add up. How could you possibly have two products sold within miles of each other at $16,000 appart???

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #23  
Did the OP ever make a decision???

Not to add more fuel to the fire, and I dont know what feature differences there are, but......where does the M5040 bota fall price wise???

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #24  
... yea, somthing does not add up. How could you possibly have two products sold within miles of each other at $16,000 appart???

I recently got quotes on three tractors in my area, with implemnts. MF was $13K high, Kubota was $10K high compared to Kioti. So I can believe it. Yes, equipped the same way.

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010
I probabaly won't finalize my decision for a couple more weeks. I need to finalize all my tax stuff and see how my day job goes this month which is dependant on a certain playoff season getting underway.

Not really looking at the M series since there is no cab/hst combo there.

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010
MessickFarmEqu said:

It makes no sense to me either, but I have real quotes that tell the story. That is what drove me to start this thread in the 1st place. Though I see differences between the products, nothing is compelling me to spend that much more from one tractor to another.

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #27  
I was looking for a tractor last fall, stopped at the TYM dealer - apparently TYM is no longer making the Mahindra xx10 series as TYM has started branding and selling their own line of tractors. I was very impressed with the 603 tractor...TYM adds every option to the base tractor. Pretty good value for money. Perkins / Cat diesel..very stout tractor.

That said - lack of dealer network, parts availability and the big one - RESELL VALUE has to be factored into all tractor purchases. Kubota and Deere to name two have great resale value. Mahindra, TYM (plus others) aren't worth squat used.

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #28  
I was looking for a tractor last fall, stopped at the TYM dealer - apparently TYM is no longer making the Mahindra xx10 series as TYM has started branding and selling their own line of tractors. I was very impressed with the 603 tractor...TYM adds every option to the base tractor. Pretty good value for money. Perkins / Cat diesel..very stout tractor.

That said - lack of dealer network, parts availability and the big one - RESELL VALUE has to be factored into all tractor purchases. Kubota and Deere to name two have great resale value. Mahindra, TYM (plus others) aren't worth squat used.

TYM is currently making several 10 series tractors for Mahindra and will be for the foreseeable future.

As far as resale, I guess you missed where a guy just sold his Kioti that was 8 years old I believe and had 100's of hours on it and sold it for about $1500 less than what he had paid for it. And yet last year there were a couple of guys that sold or traded in their relatively new Kubotas and lost thousands. In fact I believe their words were, "so much for the good resale value"

Nothing against any of the tractors, only repeating what I have heard in person and or read here on TBN.

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #29  
MtnViewRanch said:
TYM is currently making several 10 series tractors for Mahindra and will be for the foreseeable future.

As far as resale, I guess you missed where a guy just sold his Kioti that was 8 years old I believe and had 100's of hours on it and sold it for about $1500 less than what he had paid for it. And yet last year there were a couple of guys that sold or traded in their relatively new Kubotas and lost thousands. In fact I believe their words were, "so much for the good resale value"

Nothing against any of the tractors, only repeating what I have heard in person and or read here on TBN.

I was only repeating what the TYM dealer told me regarding the 10 series.

As far as resell - in my area I stand with my quote. I never mentioned Kioti.

/ Kubota L5240 vs Mahindra 5010 #30  
I was only repeating what the TYM dealer told me regarding the 10 series.

As far as resell - in my area I stand with my quote. I never mentioned Kioti.

I'm guessing that he did not want you comparing the Mahindra TYMs to the TYMs. The TYMs are a bit nicer than the Mahindra TYMs in my opinion.

As far as not mentioning Kioti, you did not, but you did mention (plus others) And as far as resale, it definitely has a lot to do with the region that a person is in as to what they can get for their used tractor. ;)