tractor values

/ tractor values #1  

gary321

Buying a used tractor, is there a service like Kelly Blue Book for tractors? I am going to attend an auction in Oklahoma, enlow tractor auction, and would like some type of resource that gives accurate tractor values. Any suggestions?

/ tractor values #2  
I know there is a blue book for tractors because my dealer has one. I would ask the dealer about it and search the Internet.

Thanks,
Knowles

/ tractor values #3  
Intertec Used Tractor Price Guide gives some decent approximate values. It gives you years made, engine, HP, gears, retail price when new........etc.

/ tractor values
Thanks I will try that

/ tractor values #5  
Enlow are some good folks.

Be sure that you have a good quote on new, before raising your hand at the auction. Bigger tractors can be had pretty cheap, but CUT's pretty often are higher than new. So you could be getting a "good price" on used, but the new still be a better deal...
That's especially true if you are financing, but there are good cash incentives, too

I am in Oklahoma, but bought from a Missouri Deere dealer. Send me a PM if you'd like his name..

/ tractor values #6  
I did not find many deals in the used compact market and went new instead. I understand that there are deals to be had in the used utility tractor market.

/ tractor values #7  
Yes a Jonathan and others said the used 4WD CUT's seem to be a bit overpriced to me. If you don't need the 4WD then you might want to check out 60's thru 70's vintage utility tractors. I purchased a 1968 International 2444. 2060 hrs. HD front loader, foot throttle, 3 remotes, seperate front mounted loader pump, diff lock, loaded rears, 1800 lb rear ballast adjustable in 20 lb increments, 3800 lab without the loader and loaded rears. 40 HP. Runs great, no rust. 4,000 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
LIfted an old 3/4 ton Ford pickup onto a trailer with it last week.