Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Default Re: Need suggestion for what class of tractor I need

Quote Originally Posted by carlmill View Post
    Thanks to Schriftleiter et. al.

This Thursday I will be making the rounds of our limited local dealers to start serious discussions. Specifically considering:

JD-4x20 probably 4120 or 4320
    NH-Boomer 40
    New Holland-1648
    kubota-4240, MX4700

As you can tell, I've decided on low/mid 40 hp and 3500-3800lb.

The closest dealers of Kioti/Mahindra/and such are unfortunately75 miles away. I'll be limited to the 4 above as I believe there's considerable value in a nearby/established dealer.

Carl
    Carl,
    Is Chaffee NY far from you? There is a Kioti dealership there and according to the website it's about 18 miles from the town listed in your sig. They might be worth checking out as well.
    I think all three of those manufacturers you listed make great tractors and you really can't go wrong. As mentioned, the important thing is to go to the dealership and test drive, luckily, that's also the fun part
    (unless of course you get a pushy salesman that talks bad about competitors)
    -Matt
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Shopping

Default Re: Need suggestion for what class of tractor I need

Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    Carl,
    Is Chaffee NY far from you? There is a Kioti dealership there and according to the website it's about 18 miles from the town listed in your sig. They might be worth checking out as well.
    I think all three of those manufacturers you listed make great tractors and you really can't go wrong. As mentioned, the important thing is to go to the dealership and test drive, luckily, that's also the fun part
    (unless of course you get a pushy salesman that talks bad about competitors)
    Chaffee IS near my home but, this tractor will "live" on our property in the NW Adirondacks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123