RFM pricing

/ RFM pricing #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm hoping to buy a tractor soon. For now I'm just getting the FEL and grader box but would like a 60" RFM later. I'm thinking of just doing without any mower for now, since the tractor is already going to cost so much. I've read on here alot that the RFM is alot chaper than the MMM but haven't seen any prices for the RFM. What should I expect to pay for one of these. I haven't priced it yet with a dealer, but just want to get an idea of what they cost. Which is usually cheaper, the tractor manufacturers mowers (the big 3) or the "aftermarket" brands (Woods, Land Pride, etc.)?

Thanks,
Jarrett

/ RFM pricing #2  
Jarrett,
In my opinion, and thats all it is, the big 3 Mowers will cost you.
Personally, I would look at an aftermarket, maybe an Italian brand. They seem well built and priced right. A 60" aftermarket around here sells for about $1000-1200. I have a private labeled Caroni. The Sitrex is well made also.
The MMM's are "maybe" twice this price. But it all depends on your land and your preference.

/ RFM pricing #3  
Figure $1000 to $1500, although I'd have no problem buying a used one if you can find one.

I've had a used Befco 60" RFM for two years now. Other then greasing, replacing the belt and having the blades sharpened, it's been trouble free....as as I would expect. It was included in the price of the tractor, but figure 900 bucks for a year old unit...cheaper if bought from a private party.

/ RFM pricing
I payed 1595.00 for a brand new 60" Befco Finish mower. I believe that is what you would expect to pay for a Woods also. I would recommend getting a deceit finishmower. I would pay 1500.00-1800.00. A rear finish mower has to do more than cut grass. When you run over with the tractor it flattens it down. The rear finish mower has to pull the grass up and then cut it. You get what you pay for. If you want a good cut then buy a good mower. If you aren't worried about it than get a cheap one. A used mower isn't bad. Just check it out good before you buy it. Make sure than it works and runs smoothly.

Knowles

/ RFM pricing #5  
In '99, I paid $1,695 for a Bush Hog RDTH60, expensive, but I sure liked it.

/ RFM pricing #6  
In 2001 I paid $995 for a "cheapie"......cuts good with the right blades on it

/ RFM pricing
I paid $1575 for an 8 month old Bush Hog RDTH72. New price was over $2000. It's really a nice deck, worth every penny. It cuts better, and with less scalping on uneven ground, than my 60" JD. I almost bought a Caroni because of the price, but I am really glad I went with the Bush Hog.

/ RFM pricing #8  
At $1500 for a 60" RFM, there is not much difference from an MMM. Except that with the MMM you are limited to what the manufacturer has and maybe even your choice of tractor platform.

/ RFM pricing #9  
Look HERE for information on Land Pride models and pricing available from one dealer.

Terry

/ RFM pricing #10  
Jarrett,

I have a 60" First Choice RFM. Was less than $1000.00 and is a fine machine. Cuts terrific and is really well built.