Comparison JD 5045E vs.NHWM45 vs. KUbota MX4700

/ JD 5045E vs.NHWM45 vs. KUbota MX4700 #1  

vtsnowedin

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 5045E
I'm looking to buy my first new tractor and perhaps my last one. I would like to get it right. I'm currently looking at and getting quotes on three tractors. All around 45 HP with loader 4x4 with Ag tires loaded. etc. They are:
John Deere 5045E with a 553 loader.
New Holland Work-master 45 with a 615TL loader.
Kubota MX4700DT with LA844 loader.
Your thoughts, experiences ,and opinions would be appreciated.

/ JD 5045E vs.NHWM45 vs. KUbota MX4700 #2  
I'm looking to buy my first new tractor and perhaps my last one. I would like to get it right. I'm currently looking at and getting quotes on three tractors. All around 45 HP with loader 4x4 with Ag tires loaded. etc. They are:
John Deere 5045E with a 553 loader.
New Holland Work-master 45 with a 615TL loader.
Kubota MX4700DT with LA844 loader.
Your thoughts, experiences ,and opinions would be appreciated.

Well when I was looking at getting a 50hp tractor,I looked at these while I was there and believe your going to get alittle more tractor with the JD(size,weight,ldr cap.). I ended up going to the Kubota M5040 over the mx5100for the platform and controls location and frame size.

/ JD 5045E vs.NHWM45 vs. KUbota MX4700
Well when I was looking at getting a 50hp tractor,I looked at these while I was there and believe your going to get alittle more tractor with the JD(size,weight,ldr cap.). I ended up going to the Kubota M5040 over the mx5100for the platform and controls location and frame size.
How is the M5040 treating you?

/ JD 5045E vs.NHWM45 vs. KUbota MX4700 #4  
look at the NH work master 55, it is only $1200 more and you get more tractor.....

/ JD 5045E vs.NHWM45 vs. KUbota MX4700 #5  
did you consider the JOHN DEERE 5105 ?

/ JD 5045E vs.NHWM45 vs. KUbota MX4700
look at the NH work master 55, it is only $1200 more and you get more tractor.....
From what I can see in the spec sheet the 55 is the same engine block as the 45 only with the turbo added on. So the 45 has less parts to break and the load on the engine is less so it should last longer. Do I need ten extra HP? Probably not.

/ JD 5045E vs.NHWM45 vs. KUbota MX4700 #9  
I just bought a Case-IH Farmall 45A which is the same as the New Holland Workmaster 45 and I love it. Its been a very good surprise as I was expecting a basic, no frills, bare bones utility tractor without much refinement but what I ended up getting was a very well thought out and put together machine that I enjoy using. I don't know what seat NH puts on the workmaster but the seat on my Case is very comfortable. The controls are easy to reach as well. The operators station as a whole is very comfortable. And best of all the engine is extremely quiet even at full throttle.

I bought the 2wd version and am considering buying another but with FWA and possibly going to the 55. I just can't say enough good things about it. If you have a Case-IH dealer near you talk to them. Looks are personal but I do think the Farmall is a much sharper looking machine then the Workmaster. Its amazing what a hood and different paint can do to the looks :laughing:

Attachments

• 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 951
   / JD 5045E vs.NHWM45 vs. KUbota MX4700 #10  
From what I can see in the spec sheet the 55 is the same engine block as the 45 only with the turbo added on. So the 45 has less parts to break and the load on the engine is less so it should last longer. Do I need ten extra HP? Probably not.

What are your intended uses? It may seem silly but the extra 10 hp can be very handy if you intend to do a lot of pto work. Even tillage work it is helpful, keeps you moving forward instead of bogging down as quickly. For my use the 45 was plenty since it will mainly be used for post pounding and pulling a 4 basket tedder and a side delivery rake. Maybe a 5 or 6 foot rotary cutter or weed sprayer but nothing too challenging.