Good quality used walk behind mower

/ Good quality used walk behind mower #1  

poorboy126

Tractor
John Deere X475
I'm new to this site and first would like to say hello to everyone. I'm in need of a good quality used push mower to use for trimming where I can't get with my John Deere X475. I have to admit I am a die hard John Deere man due to being brought up on a grain farm in Central Illinois so I would like to find a used John Deere walk behind. I have been doing some research and it seems many love the old 14SB's but I understand they haven't been made for some time, I also hear the JX75 and JX85 were the replacements but have also been discontinued. If at all I would also appreciate any help telling me where I could start looking for such a piece of equipment. I want to say thanks in advance for any and all help.

/ Good quality used walk behind mower #2  
Toro.

/ Good quality used walk behind mower #3  
Honda.

Not sure if they still have them but they use to make a good 3 speed, self propelled walk behind.

Had mine for 20 plus years and it has cut a lot of grass. Pricey at the time though.

/ Good quality used walk behind mower
Thanks guys for the help so far. Do you happen to know a specific model of Toro or Honda that you guys are talking about? I have found a 14SB that the guy replaced the Kawi motor with a newer 5hp B+S and has gone through the rest of the mower and he wants $160, what do any of ya think about this? Should I try to find one with the Kawasaki motor? Is it really that much better of a engine? Thanks again for the help.

/ Good quality used walk behind mower #5  
I bought a 1000.00 self propelled Arians with caster wheels,bag,etc. After 2 weeks I could not stand it any longer and threw it in the basement. Replaced it with a 279.00 Huskvarna with a 6HP Honda motor. It gets used about 6 hours a week and could be the best 279 I have spent.

/ Good quality used walk behind mower #6  
I'll second looking at a honda. We have an older honda walk behind self propelled(HB12, I think it is). Had it given to us by a friend when they moved into a condo (no grass to cut!). No idea how long he had it before we got it about 5 years ago.

I had to replace a broken control cable and that was it aside from normal oil, filters plugs, etc. Other then that, dead reliable! starts right up no matter how long it has been sitting as long as the gas is fresh. It's a 21 inch cut 2 speed with rear bagger. As a trim mower or a small yard mower, it fits the bill!