Buying Advice I have big decision to make....

/ I have big decision to make.... #1  

ricky wyatt

Tractor
2012 dk40sehst
Well men i have done all i know to do i have looked for good used i have haggled for new to the point i'm fed up so now it is down to two. i can get a new "fresh smelling" kioti dk45se with fel or a unsold 2011 kubota l3540 with fel both for about the same money. I just sold my ck30 and never had it good and broke in and i'm lost on what to do i know the dk will be overkill for me but, would hate to lose that much hp for the money. i have tried to get them to sweetin the deal with a 6' box blade but, no bites yet. i feel the kubota with the new throttle setup is sweet no more engine stall but, a much bigger more hp kioti what to do H.E.L.P......:confused:

/ I have big decision to make.... #2  
4 year warrenty

/ I have big decision to make....
that helps but i hope i don't need it soon. i'm just sooo tired of looking and comparing and i just about give up hope of selling my ck30 that was mint so i'm worried about long term value as well i feel if it was a kubota it would have sold faster.

/ I have big decision to make.... #4  
Well men i have done all i know to do i have looked for good used i have haggled for new to the point i'm fed up so now it is down to two. i can get a new "fresh smelling" kioti dk45se with fel or a unsold 2011 kubota l3540 with fel both for about the same money. I just sold my ck30 and never had it good and broke in and i'm lost on what to do i know the dk will be overkill for me but, would hate to lose that much hp for the money. i have tried to get them to sweetin the deal with a 6' box blade but, no bites yet. i feel the kubota with the new throttle setup is sweet no more engine stall but, a much bigger more hp kioti what to do H.E.L.P......:confused:

Seems like you are self-stressing over a few $$$'s. Life is too short for that my friend.

Get the tractor that satisfies the needs. Buying a tractor because it has more horsepower that may never be used or needed doesn't make sense. Remember, a smaller tractor will do the same work with a little patience.

/ I have big decision to make.... #5  
I think we should all imagine that one day our grandkids will be using our tractors, just like how all the old Fords and Masey's are still out there haying.

The DK45se is a rocking tractor that will do anything well, and their rep is steadily climbing as people decide they can get premium features on a Kioti for same or less than a 'Bota.

My decision was a bit simpler, but I totally ended up choosing Kioti because it was a better deal and a better tractor, and NO I'm not brand bashing, I don't do that. I'm brand agnostic, but I love my Kioti.

Finally, 95 times out of 100 here on TBN you will hear people wishing for more tractor and HP, not less.

Buy the DK45se and happy tractoring is my advice.

Be well.
David

/ I have big decision to make.... #6  
Some good points have been made. If "possible", don't worry about the cost and buy the tractor you need long term. I don't have the HST+, but sure do like it and will be on my next tractor.

Addressing your situation, if you have limited funds or only are willing to spend a certain amount of money, I would reexamine "I know the dk will be overkill for me" to determine if it truly is. If so then I agree with Monster5601 and if not then go with MossflowerWoods. Conventional wisdom on sheds and tractors is figure what you think you need then go bigger, but just sometimes "bigger" is too big".

I am not too familiar with Kioti, so why did you get rid of the CK30 and is the L3540 really going to be big enough to make the change worth while?

/ I have big decision to make.... #7  
Neither of these tractors is very big imo, and both are good machines. Just make sure you are getting enough tractor for your planned use. I would lean towards the DK45SE, little extra weight and capabilities. Whenever you get to larger projects the extra size and weight will be a blessing to you.

/ I have big decision to make....
i agree with you steve but just for food plots and normal land prep i thought the dk45 might be a little big. i plan on a 6' tiller and a 6' plotmaster and maybe a 6' cutter is all i will be using that i can think of. the ck i had was a shuttle and other than that it was a good tractor just a little small for 6' stuff.

ricky

/ I have big decision to make.... #9  
i agree with you steve but just for food plots and normal land prep i thought the dk45 might be a little big. i plan on a 6' tiller and a 6' plotmaster and maybe a 6' cutter is all i will be using that i can think of. the ck i had was a shuttle and other than that it was a good tractor just a little small for 6' stuff.

ricky
I find with the HST I can squeeze the DK in and out of tight areas without much hassle. There is a difference in making trails through the woods for a 6' wide machine and a 5' wide one but if you've got 6' implements then I guess any machine is 6' wide for you. Also I've never stalled the motor with the HST on my machine, in low range it always spins the tires and in mid range it will either spin or use the relief valve on the HST.

/ I have big decision to make.... #10  
I recommend you try them both out, see which one fits you better and which one you can see doing your work better. Second, see what you think of the dealer - his facilities, his people, and their attitude toward your questions and concerns. I have just ordered a DK45SE myself, with a cab and HST. My personal opinion is that with 28 HP in the HST version, the L3540 is probably a bit underpowered for 6' implements. With the air conditioner running, I think the 36 HP of the DK45SE is probably a better match. I compared quotes on the DK45SE and the L4240, and found my deal on the Kioti almost $10K less than the same configuration on the Kubota, with half a dozen implements of equal weight and features fromlocal dealers. With that much difference, I didn't try to negotiate with Kubota, probably not enough room to discount that deeply.

Good luck with your decision.